Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Swap Snowman

Morning stampers!  I told you I'd be back with my Holiday Mini swap card so here he is:



Isn't he just the cutest little guy?  I loved this snowman from the "Jolly Old Saint Nick" set and just had to have him!  The set it very vintage but cute with this guy, a Santa head, another full Santa and then some snowflakes and a sentiment.  I also used the winter wonderland greeting from "Bright Christmas" and the Merry stamp from the Tiny tags set.

This layout is a bit out of the box for me with the ribbon the way it is and I based the layout loosely on a card I had previously made.  There is a lot of sponging going on here to give it that vintage feel.  The "snow" is the new silver glass glitter and I used crystal effects to glue it on.  The snowman's buttons are also our new adhesive pearls.  Finally my new trick is to use the tombow multi glue in the green and white bottle to make the sentiment "wavy".  You just bend your paper back and forth a bit to get it molded how you want it and then stick it down with a couple of dots of glue and hold for a minute.  It really stays put!  Anyway, hope you and all those swappers who got one of my cards liked it!!!!

Supplies:
Stamps: Jolly Old Saint Nick, Bright Christmas, Tiny Tags
Paper: watercolor, very vanilla, riding hood red, baja breeze, crumb cake, soft suede
Ink: soft suede, crumb cake, baja breeze
Accessories:  Pearls, silver glass glitter, crystal effects, marina mist striped grosgrain ribbon, jewelry tag punch, linen thread, dimensionals

3 comments:

  1. I love this one it's so pretty! Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Minders, very pretty colors. I love the glitter - it's perfect on this card. The ribbon is an unexpected twist on the card and really adds to overall feel of the card. Fabulous layout, too!
    all round, it's a wonderful card.
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh - this is adorable! I love the ribbon and glitter! Very pretty :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...