Tuesday, November 20, 2012

HSS 145

Hi stampers!  Wow, it's Tuesday already and almost turkey day!  Where does the time go?  I'm super busy this week with the turkey tournament that we host at work plus the holiday and my hubby's birthday so there won't be much time to stamp.  But there will be time to bake...today is baking day:-)  I need to make a pumpkin pie cheesecake for Thursday and I told Jon I'd make him red velvet cake balls for his birthday.  Maybe I can fit some stamping in there too, we'll see!

But, at least it's time for a fun challenge at Hand Stamped Sentiments!  This week the theme is FUN FOLDS!

Fun right?  So I went in a little bit of a different direction with this.  Instead of using a fun fold FOR my card I used one ON my card, see:
Stampin' Supplies:
Stamps:  Greetings of the season
Paper:  Very vanilla, early espresso, cherry cobbler, festival of prints DSP stack, early espresso core'dinations, champaign glimmer paper
Ink:  Cherry cobbler
Accessories:  Merry mini punch pack, circle and scallop circle dies, sanding block, dazzling details

I had seen these folded trees (made from a half circle of paper) quite a few places so I googled a tutorial for them.  They look terrific with the festival of prints DSP!  And they are EASY!  It's hard to see in the photo but I lined all of the curved edges of the tree with dazzling details.  So sparkly!

Now go check out the rest of the design teams fancy folds and play along with us!

Happy stamping!

4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh... I love these! I am definitely case'ing these as I was scrambling for an idea for club on Thursday:) Thanks hon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable trees! I love how you detailed them so nicely with the woodgrain trunks and the sparkly edges, and finally the golden stars!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! What a wonderful card. I love how the trees pop!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...