Sunday, August 1, 2010

Christmas in July...well sort of

Hi stampers! I wanted to share a card today that I made yesterday...well it was a few days in the making by the time the glue for the glitter dried:-) So it technically was made in July even though I'm posting it in August, haha. I just got a big order of new goodies on Friday so I've been able to play a bit. This card uses one of the new sets from the catalog that I didn't love at first but then had to have, Greeting Card Kids. Now, I'm not usually one for stamps with kids/people on them but these are just too cute and remind me of the Campbell's Soup Kids. This card didn't turn out exactly how I wanted it to as I was using a card in the catalog and looking at a sample made by one of my favorite bloggers/demos, Ilina Crouse. So...I really intended for it to have silver glitter and pear pizzaz like in the catalog but got busy looking at the other card and so I used the clear glitter and old olive...oh well...maybe I'll do a do-over! I don't love my coloring but I'm getting better. The card also uses the new crochet trim and the newsprint DSP. Very vintage indeed! I did a lot of sponging and some distressing as well. The glue dried a bit muddy so I would use a different option next time but I still liked it. The new in color blushing bride is really growing on me too! So here's the card, let me know what you think! And hopefully I'll have more cards and maybe even a class or event for you soon!

Stamps: Greeting card kids, Four the Holidays, Serene snowflakes
Paper: Blushing bride, old olive, watercolor, very vanilla, newsprint DSP
Ink: Old olive, soft suede, riding hood red, blushing bride, crumb cake
Accessories: Tombow glue, chunky glitter, crochet trim

1 comment:

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...