Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Blushing saffron celery?

Hi stampers!  I'm here with a card for this week's color challenge over on Splitcoast.  It's VERY springy...which by the way I guess we just totally decided to skip here in the Midwest seeing as it went from being about 50 or 60 to over NINETY DEGREES yesterday!  I'm pretty sure it was up there today too!  I do hope we get some days in the 70's!  A good friend of mine is getting married on Saturday and of course it's supposed to be back in the 60's...so I'll be cold in my sleeveless dress of course, haha. 

So onto the card....like the title of this post says the colors for the challenge were blushing bride, certainly celery, and so saffron.  I have a bit of trouble with pastel colors so this was a push for me!  BUT something I did know was that I wanted to use the flower frame image from Four Frames.  And then I dug out my presto patterns DSP which I totally forget about and NEED to use more often.  It's so cool!  It's like emboss resist without all the work, all you need to do is either sponge or brayer ink onto it and wipe it down.  Then you have a pretty resisted image.  The toile pattern worked well with my stamp here!  Something else that I've been toying around with lately is layering punches as well....I get on a kick and can't seem to stop so you're warned there are going to be a lot of clean and simple cards with layered punches coming your way, lol!  So, wanna see it?

 Stampin' Supplies:
Stamps:  Four frames, fabulous phrases
Paper:  Whisper white, so saffron, certainly celery CS and DSP, presto patterns DSP
Ink:  Blushing bride, certainly celery, so saffron, staz on
Accessories:  Decorative label punch, lots of tags sizzlits, wide oval punch, gold & vanilla smooch spray, beautiful wings embosslit

And sadly, the best part you probably can't see:-(  After I applied the color to the presto paper I sprayed it down with both the gold and vanilla smooch shimmer spray.  The gold looks super pretty with the saffron! If you click the picture you may be able to see it better, if not, trust me, it's fab!!!!  I also layered a label die cut from lots of tags with the wide oval punch and some celery DSP.  The finishing touch is my butterflies from the Beautiful Wings embosslit in both celery DSP and saffron card stock.  I do wish I had added some ribbon or something but it's too late now:-)  Thanks to SCS for a fun color challenge and thanks to you for stopping by!  I'll be back soon with yet another challenge card:-)  Happy stamping!

1 comment:

  1. I love this card! I have not played with my 4 frames yet...but I should soon! Love the presto paper...one of my favorites!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...