Wednesday, November 2, 2011

A Catalog Case Challenge

Hi stampers!  Yesterday was November 1st which means the Creative Crew gallery over on SCS went live!  You can see all the great creations the crew came up with and play along in the challenges!  You should head over and check it out BUT before you go I'll show you one of my projects, mmmk?

For this challenge we were to case a card from the catalog AND because this month was all about fancy folds we were to choose a long card.  You've seen a few of these from me recently and really like this size!  All it takes is a 6x6 square of paper!  We were also supposed to change a couple of elements in our cards.  So, I chose a card on page 37 that used the polar party set.  I didn't have that set (but you can bet I will soon, lol) so I chose to use snow much fun.  To fit the tree stamp I had to rotate the layout like this:


Stampin' Supplies:
Stamps:  Snow much fun
Paper:  watercolor, whisper white, real red, old olive, brights DSP stack
Ink:  Stazon and various for watercoloring
Accessories:  Tasteful trim die, dazzling details, brights buttons, crochet thread

I really liked the simplicity of this layout and the tone one tone with the plain CS and then the polka dots.  I didn't do any stitching like in the catalog but let my tasteful trim die take care of that!  This challenge just goes to show what a great inspiration and recourse the Idea Book & Catalog can be!  Sometimes it's hard to remember that you can make ANY card in there with ANY set you have!  It's a great place to find color combos and general layout ideas too!  Now head on over to check out the CC gallery and play along!

Happy stamping!

2 comments:

  1. cute card, love the vibrant red, fun rick rack and your sweet little bird sitting atop that tree! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So bright and fun! I love it. I cannot wait until I get my birthday discount next month and can finally get Tasteful Trim! I love the look it adds; who needs stitching when you can have rick rack?! :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...