Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Over the top!

Happy Tuesday stampers!  It's time for a new challenge over at Hand Stamped Sentiments!  Make sure you click on over there when you're done here so you can check out all the fabulous-ness that the DT has in store for you!

This week was a challenge right up my alley.  The challenge is to create an over the top card, a card that you wouldn't want to make more than one of! 


 Well, I always jump at the chance to cram as much on a card as I can and especially if it revolves around my favorite holiday.....Christmas!  Just looking at that challenge image makes me want to put up the tree and go drive around looking at decorations!  We used to have a lot of really over the top houses but seems like there aren't as many the past few years:-(  I wish I had the time and patience to really make my house a holiday showplace but then when would I stamp???  :-) 

So, here is my card:

Stampin' Supplies:
Stamps:  Merry & type
Paper:  wild wasabi textured, very vanilla, real red, first edition DSP, subtles stack
Ink:  Real red
Accessories:  Decorative label punch, scallop circle punch, real red striped grosgrain ribbon, 1/8th inch taffeta ribbon real red, linen thread, jumbo brads, 5/16th brads, glimmer brads (subtles & brights), basic pearls and rhinestones, holly berry buttons, dazzling diamonds, crochet thread, spray adhesive (whew!!!!)

Well you can see I took this challenge quite literally, lol!  And I must confess I did not make a card.  I started too but then I decided that this would look amazing in a square shadow box frame as a Christmas decoration (now to figure out where I hid those things) so I sliced off the back panel before I ruined it with all the glitter:-)  So please forgive me!

So, there's a lot going on.  There is a paper lollie (which I have a tutorial for here on my blog).  The ribbon flower with the crochet flower was made using a circle of sticky sheet and I just coiled the ribbon around.  The DSP flower was made with 3 or 4 (is it bad that I can't remember, lol) scallops and I just stuck the brad through and scrunched it up.  Some more brads, buttons, and embellies round it out and of course a ribbon with the brad in the center.  To finish up I lightly sprayed the whole thing with spray adhesive and sprinkled some dazzling diamonds over.  I'm still working on this as I haven't yet got the "sprinkling" I want on any project but it takes practice. 

Now it's your turn!  Head on over to HSS and get crazy and go waaay over the top!!!!

Happy stamping...or should I say embellishing today?:-)

6 comments:

  1. Ohhh, I would say this is definitely Over the Top. Love the different circle images.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Over the Top with all the embellishments!!! Love how your card sparkles and shimmers. I too wish I could decorate my house over the top. But you're right when would I stamp. Big hug! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. all those fancy flowers are definitely over the top Mindy! And those sprinkles totally sparkle, FUN! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a fun ornament and would look awesome in a scrapbook frame. :) I love all of the elements and don't worry about the sprinkling. I've only done it once and let me tell you, it looks like a "chunk"-ling. This card defines over the top. I bet your fingers were sore after making all those flowers and the lollie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE, LOVE the card!!! The flowers are definitely over the top!! GREAT JOB!!! Amy :C)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...