Wednesday, May 2, 2012

KEEP CALM AND....

STAMP ON!  Hi stampers!  It's the happiest day of the year around here!  I got my pre-order goodies from the new catalog this morning!  And I've been playing all day!  I always take this day off to stamp!  It's nice to have one day a year to do nothing but stamp!!!

Anyway, I have a few projects to share and I hope to have more in the coming week!  Make sure you come back tomorrow where I'll be reviwing our new and improved ink pads!  In a nutshell they are the bonb-diggity and I pretty much want to scrap all my old ones as soon as I can...they are THAT fab!  So come back tomorrow ok?

Ok, on to the good stuff!  First up is a new hostess set.  I was wishing and hoping for a set that said "stay calm and...." Well, we've got it and I LOVE it!  It's super cute and has lots of sayings and little pictures to go along.
Stampin' Supplies:
Stamps:  Carry on (hostess)
Paper:  Whisper white, basic gray, riding hood red, midnight muse
Ink:  Riding hood red, Midnight muse
Accessories:  Circle punch, apothecary accents framelits, basic gray striped ribbon

To start the day out right I went with "stamp on" but fellow shortie Lydia went with the cupcakes.  You can buy a shirt from her that says the same thing!  I have got to get me one of those!!!!  I knew she was going to SQUEEE when she saw this set!  I gotta say I'm not a navy fan but midnight muse, one of the new in colors is so rich and pretty!!!!  I like it 100% more than our current navys!  And I don't know if you can tell but the words are stamped SO crisply with the new ink pads!  The shape is also new but you can't see it very well with the punched circles.  There are little round tabs on each end of the rectangle. 

Okie dokie, onward we go.  Next up is a new set called papaya collage.  It's a lot bigger stamps than I was expecting!  It is housed in two cases!  It's a very nice set with a vintage feel!
Stampin' Supplies:
Stamps:  Papaya collage, loving thoughts
Paper:  Very vanilla, soft suede, summer starfruit, newsprint DSP
Ink:  Soft suede, summer starfruit, gumball green, primrose petals
Accessories:  Modern label punch, antique brads, dazzling details

It's hard to see but there are some dazzling details on the front rose.  And do you spy the new colors?  I think there is only one I haven't used yet!  Now, before you make judgement on the yellow...summer starfruit...let me explain.  Most demos have been afraid it's a bit....well...baby poopy:-)  I assure you it is not!  I really like it!  It's so different from anything we have had before and it's a very in color!  I have a sweater in the same shade!!!  It's much prettier in person than online.  It's JUST the exact color of a starfruit too!  But I keep wanting to call it summer starfish, lol!  I need a vacation to the beach!!!! :-)

Ok, last up today is the cutest little set called Betsy's blossoms!  I really love this set!  It's very fresh and modern looking and just what our catalog needs!!!
Stampin' Supplies:
Stamps:  Betsy's blossoms, friendly phrases
Ink:  Pool party, summer starfruit, primrose petals
Accessories:  Pool party ruffled ribbon, basic pearls, apothecary accents framelits

This one makes me go SQUEEEE!  It lends itself so well to clean and simple and I love it! And do you see a second framelit shape??? :-)  I have to say the current 2011-2113 in colors compliment the new colors very well.  I haven't tried out many combos yet but there are going to be a lot of fabulous ones!  I also used my simply scored to do a few lines at the top.

Well, I think I'll stop there so I'm sure I have something to share tomorrow:-)  So....keep calm and stamp on!

Happy stamping!

9 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Mindy. Anxious for tomorrow's post about the ink pads. I'm so close to submitting my order but really trying to hold out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are beautiful! You are such an inspiration. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow you have been a busy girl! Love the sneak peeks! Your cards are terrific! The lettered message on your first card is so clean and crisp - looks like the new ink pads are going to be great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This needs to be titled "Keep Calm and Wait Patiently for Your Preorder!" Lol! I'm drumming my finger counting down until the UPS guy gets here tomorrow! Fabulous creations, girly! Love them all! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous cards, Mindy! Love the Hostess-Set. Thanks for sharing. Blast, as a german stamper I have to wait till October to play with the new stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are adorable. I love what you've done with these! Don't care so much for the name "Betsy" - it brings on shivers for personal reasons and thought about not ordering these stamps but figured what better way to get over this phobia than to possibly make $$ on it? ....so long story short, it'll be arriving any day!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love, love LOVE your samples Mindy!! Thank you for sharing your "stamp crack" with us. :) You just solidified Papaya Collage going on my preorder - I knew I'd love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love all the cards that you've shown us. Awesome new in colors & stamps sets. I'm totally lovin that first stamp! Think we'll all be using that one. Very excited about the new framelits also. I was so hoping that more would be coming in the new catalog.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...