Thursday, January 2, 2014

Resolutions

Hi stampers and happy 2014!  So I kind of unofficially took the holidays off from stamping and blogging and I'm not sorry :-)  Sometimes you just need a break, right?  And I know I've said it a million times but life is kind of nuts right now with eventually moving.

I'm a planner and I HATE not really having a plan or knowing when things are going to happen.  That's probably the biggest reason I haven't stamped or blogged.  I tend to feel overwhelmed when I'm not sure what's going on and I kind of just don't do anything, lol!  But I'm going to work on getting over that....because really it makes no sense right?  I should do SOMETHING just to do something.  Anyone else like that?  It's like I can't focus on the task at hand because I'm distracted thinking about how I hate not having a plan, lol!

I had plans to stamp yesterday but after hauling my behind to the gym where I spent a lot of extra time chatting with an old friend from school (which is a big deal for me because I'm a get in, get my workout done, get out kinda girl in the gym....drives me nuts when people just chat it up there, lol....whoops) and then I had some shopping to take care of.  All was going well until I sat down for a minute and saw The Lord of the Rings movies were on.  Ugh!  I've seen them a jillion times but I love them!  Not sure why but they suck me in!  Every.  Time.  So I couch surfed for the rest of the day....again, lol!

So, I don't usually make resolutions because let's face it, I never keep them, lol!  BUT this year I think I'll try to have a few goals.  The first which I posted to facebook is one I KNOW I can keep....I vow to wear sweatpants more (as if that were possible, lol)!  Pretty sure I can keep that one until it gets warm ;-)  But in all seriousness, I'm going to try to make myself stamp and blog at least a few times a week if not more and I really need to get getter about SENDING cards.  What's the point of the thousands I have if I don't send them.  I still owe my stamping bestie a birthday card!!!!!  I really need to try to grow my business as well but that might have to wait until the move with things up in the air!  Ok, enough of my ramblings right?

Anyway, how about a card?  I've had this one made for a while with the another thank you photopolymer set.

Stampin' Supplies:
Stamps:  Another thank you photopolymer
Paper:  Whisper white, basic black, coastal cabana, strawberry slush
Ink:  Whisper white craft
Accessories:  Whisper white embossing powder, itty bitty punch pack (I think), chalk marker, dazzling details

It's hard to see but there's some sparkle on the heart.  I'm kind of obsessed with the chalkboard technique.  I really should shoot a video.  It's really pretty easy as I just sponge craft ink on the black cardstock.  I'm not sure how others do it but that's how I do it!  I want to make my own real chalkboard for the new house too!

Ok, time to go teach at the gym if I can get out of my drive with the snow!!!

Happy new year and happy stamping!

2 comments:

  1. I am right there with you about resolving to send cards, Mindy! I am working on cleaning my scrap room and seriously threw out about a thousand old cards that I had shoved in cabinets that were all bent up from years of being pushed around! Maybe we can be card sending motivators for each other. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I totally understand :)
    Happy new year :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...