Tuesday, January 19, 2016

I Freakin' Love Ya!

Hi stampers!  Mum's been the word around here, sorry about that.  I've been trying to keep warm by the fireplace instead of my cold downstairs stamp room.  I need a fireplace down there!  We also got a Netflix ready TV...so that may have something to do with my lack of stamping too ;-)

Anyway, at least I'm here today and it's time for the Control Freaks blog hop!  You may have come from Cindy's blog, weren't her projects adorable?  Don't forget we make a big loop, so if you haven't seen her stuff, just keep clicking around!


Of course this time of year, the theme has to be all about love and Valentine's day!  I have to admit, I don't have any of the Valentine's sets from the Occasions catalog (I do have the going global set but that's not an exclusive V-day set so I'm not counting it, hehe). I'm trying not to buy sets if I don't LOVE them and none of the new ones really spoke to me.  I'm hoping it also forces me to be more creative with what I DO have.  My first card cheats a little bit and uses a retired greeting but you know me and word stamps...some of them never retire in my mind ;-)  But this one is pretty much traditional Valentine's day....pink, hearts, and all that.

The heart looks a bit green in the photo but it's pretty and gold.  It's from the new embellishment kit as are the cute sequins.  A little heads up about that blushing bride glimmer paper...it sheds more than my other colors...a lot of stuff in my studio is decked out in pink glitter now ;-)

My other project isn't a traditional Valentine but I love it all the same!
It's hard to see but I put some of the thin gold thread looped up behind the main focal point.  This makes a great masculine card!

Now you're off to Heidi's blog to see her always awesome creations!


I hope you enjoy the hop and maybe if it gets much above single digits I'll be motivated to head down stairs again ;-)

Happy stamping!


8 comments:

  1. I feel the same way about the word stamps. :) I love the way you used what you had to make the fab Valentine (and yes, that glimmer paper sheds A LOT). I especially love the more masculine "Going Global" card. May have to CASE that one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you layered stamp images on the Going Global card - very creative way to use the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. For not having any "Valentine" sets, you did awesome! I love that we can do non-traditional valentines with Going Global. I've been trying to hold out on that one...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute Valentine! I am having a hard time "hoarding" my embellishment kit! THanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I Freakin' Love ya too!!! Wonderful Cards... Stay Warm....

    Faith

    ReplyDelete
  6. I seriously love the map paper and the green globe!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great cards Mindy. I'm a big fan of masculine cards and really like that one with the beautiful colors you used!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...