Tuesday, September 20, 2011

IMPRESSing

Hi stampers!  Happy Tuesday!  It's time to share another Hand Stamped Sentiments challenge with you today!  This week we want you to impress us!  Well, we want you to impress us every week (and you always do) but we literally want you to impress us this week by using any form of embossing on your project this week!  Embossing in any form is usually a pretty simple thing to do on a project yet it can add so much ummph!!!



For my card this week, I've done a combo of dry embossing using the big shot and heat embossing.  This technique is called double embossing and it's super cool!


 It's also very easy to do!  You just ink up your embossing folder with versamark (or you can use colored craft ink) and a brayer then run your folder through the big shot as usual.  Next, you dump your embossing powder over it and heat emboss as usual.  You end up with embossing powder on the de-bossed part of the paper (the part that's indented, not raised).  Very cool!  Just look:

Stampin' Supplies:
Stamps:  Spooky bingo bits
Paper:  Whisper white, basic black, tangerine tango, rich razzleberry, brights DSP stack
Ink:  Basic black, rich razzleberry, versamark
Accessories:  Spider web embossing folder, pewter EP, circle and scallop circle punches, simply scored, basic black polka dot scalloped ribbon, dazzling details

And here's a final helpful hint:  You'll want to ink up the side of the folder that has the SU logo on it to get this look.  This is the new pewter embossing folder and it looks so cool and spooky on this card!  And notice I used Spooky Bingo bits again without the bingo stamp!  I love that they are made to go together AND that they stand on their own as well!

You'll have to forgive me for all the Halloween cards, you know I LOVE Halloween so there is a good chance that every single card I post until the end of October may be a H-ween card, lol!

As for the rest of the card, here is what I did:
  • The tangerine tango base was distressed by taking my black ink pad directly to the paper.
  • I used some sticky strip to ruffle up the basic black polka dot ribbon.
  • I used my simply scored to create a medallion of razzleberry cardstock and then layered some punched peices to complete it.  I also sponged the edges with basic black ink and then edged the whole thing with dazzling diamonds!  The new DD makes edging medallions super easy instead of having to mess with glue and glitter
 The card looks super complicated but it really wasn't all that hard to make.  Now, head on over to HSS and impress us with some embossing of your own!!!!

Happy stamping!

8 comments:

  1. What a great Halloween card! The embossed spider web is awesome!

    Going to peek around your blog! Thank for visiting mine :)

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is sooooo cool!!!!! I love this card and will definitely be recreating it for my boys this year:)
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is by far the best Halloween card I've seen made this year!! Love how you did the spider web. Love love love this card!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is ADORABLE!!! I love the look of the spider web!! Very spooky!! :C) However, that itty bitty spider is tooooo cute for spooky!!! Amy L.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, a girl after my own heart! Halloween is my FAVORITE holiday! Love this double embossing technique. It really does add a wow factor to the card. And I just got the Spooky Bingo bits, yay!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great Halloween card. Love the embossed layer and the lolli.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mindy, this is TOO cool!!! What a great technique you shared! I can't wait to give it a try. Love all that shine on the wicked web. That little spider is showcased beautifully, too. Love everything about this one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW!! Super cool spider web. I'll have to try it. Love the flower fan flower and how you added the bling to the edges. Great Halloween card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...