Sunday, September 11, 2011

Snow much fun!

Hi stampers.  Before I begin this post I want to take a minute to remember all the victims, their families, and survivors of 9/11.  We will never forget the events of that terrible day or how all of our lives have been forever changed because of it.  God bless America!  This may sound kind of corny but I went for a run this morning and dedicated it to all those who suffered so much on that day.  I don't really enjoy running and I wanted to quit today but the discomfort I was in was nothing compared to what so many went through that day and for long after.    It just kind of brought a new perspective to my day today.  I may be back later today with a special card in remembrance if I get time to work on it.

On a happier note, today is my grandma's 90th birthday!  She has seen a lot of terrible things in this world in the pat 90 years but she has seen so many more WONDERFUL things as well!  We helped her celebrate yesterday and I hope she has a great day today!  It was fun to see her with her four great-grand kids....one day maybe she'll have a couple of more;-) Happy birthday Grandma, I love you!

And now back to your regularly scheduled post:-)  I have a card today using the colors from this week's Inkspiration's Color Challenge.  It was a bit out of my comfort zone as I probably would not have put these colors together on my own but they do work!


The colors immediately made me think of Christmas!!!  I've got to say though that great minds MUST think alike because as I was working on my card last night I clicked on over to the challenge site and saw that my good friend Rita had beat me to the punch and used Snow Much Fun for this challenge already:-)  I think her and I have the same stamping "personality" and I love all of the cards she makes!  It just made me laugh because all day long I had been thinking about this challenge and that set, hehe.  Anyway, here is what I came up with:

Stampin' Supplies:
Stamps:  Snow much fun
Paper:  watercolor, whisper white, real red, old olive, marina mist
Ink:  stazon and various for watercoloring
Accessories:  old olive polka dot scalloped ribbon, dazzling details, basic rhinestones, lots of tags sizzlets, medium oval and modern label punches, snow burst embossing folder

I got this set WAAAAY back in June during pre-order time and I have NOT inked it up enough!  So I grabbed some watercolor paper and stamped the tall snowman (I'm jealous he's so tall, hehe) and the short little tree (it's like me, lol).  I did have to add a couple of extra colors in there to make him work but otherwise I stuck with the challenge colors.  I'm loving that new snow burst embossing folder too! It adds some great texture!  I'm also on a roll with the new polka dot background stamp from the main catalog.  I finally broke down and got it on Thursday and I can't stop using it:-)  I added the olive polka dot ribbon to tie in with the stamped dots but oh how I wish I had the marina mist ribbon, I have GOT to order that stuff!

As a finishing detail I have some dazzling details on the ornaments on the tree and then I layered some punches and a sizzix tag for my sentiment!

Thanks for stopping in today!  Happy stamping!

6 comments:

  1. Mindy, it is so cute! I love all the layers for your sentiment! Way to use those sizzlit tags. :) I should try watercoloring more, but my Aquapainter appears to be clogged or something. It is ancient, so I probably just need a new one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mindy, you are just simply adorable!! Your profile pic just makes me smile and your cards are simply FUN!! (as I'm sure your personality is as well) and a very grand Birthday shout out to your Grandma!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Mindy, love your colouring and the richness of it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab Mindy! Love the snowmen with these colours!!! Thanks for playing with us at Inkspirations :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Precious image and fabulously coloured! Love how you used this week's colours. Thanks for joining us at Inkspirations this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great to have you play with us again this week, Mindy! What a great set to pick to go along with the colour combo.

    I've been hesitant to buy the new polka dot background stamp because I have an old one, but I have to say that polka dots are just classic and make everything look good, so I'm not surprised you've taken to yours like that!

    TFS!
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...