Monday, September 12, 2011

Sunday Sketch

Hi stampers!  I know it's Monday but I feel like it should be Sunday since I had to work on Saturday.  I'm really starting to miss two-day weekends:-)  One day for stamping AND all the other stuff on the weekend to do list is just not enough!  But I suppose someone like me could NEVER get enough stamp time, hehe!  Oh well, only six more weeks of football left....then I get a couple of weeks until basketball starts...it just never ends, lol!  Basketball is a bit better though since I don't have to worry about the cold or rain or sunburn since it's indoors!  Anyway....

Today's card is my entry for the Sweet Sunday sketch challenge this week, since afterall today SHOULD be Sunday, hehe!  I thought this sketch was super cute, what do you think?


I had a lot of ideas for this one but I finally decided to dust off the cute little witch from greeting card kids.  I've also been wanting to use concord crush with more mustard (and ok, forgive me but I have been and am going to be using a LOT of mustard because 1-the spice cake DSP has given me a new found love for it and 2- I totally bought TWO packages of it by accident in my last order, haha).  I tend to forget about concord crush as it's one of my least favorite in colors but it's a good color for Halloween and I think it looks great with more mustard!  I needed a third color  so after much playing around with colors I settled on tangerine tango which is another color I don't utilize very often.  I think it's a nice departure from my go to pumpkin pie! Look:

Stampin' Supplies:
Stamps:  Greeting card kids, teeny tiny wishes
Paper:  Watercolor, in color hostess DSP stack (retired), bright DSP stack, tangerine tango, more mustard, concord crush
Ink:  Staz-on, various for watercoloring
Accessories:  Aquapainter, in color glimmer brads, elegant eggplant polka dot scalloped ribbon, tasteful trim die

You'll have to forgive my use of some retired DSP but I didn't have any other concord DSP and I wanted to use the large polka dots!  I did add a few accents in other colors but within the same color family as my original color combo.  Often times I get caught up in making everything "match" as in my accessories have to be the same color as my card.  I totally spaced and thought I had the concord ribbon....um, I don't but I did have the eggplant polka dot ribbon and you know what, it worked!  Our colors all work so well with each other!  I don't have to be all "matchy matchy" for a card to look good, hehe!    I decided to use some peach parfait glimmer brads as well to incorporate another shade of orange.

I wasn't very happy with the card while I was making it but I think all of the fun patterns and shades actually turned out rather well in the end!  Thanks for a fun sketch!!!

Happy stamping!

4 comments:

  1. I think it turned out great, Mindy! I love Concord Crush and More Mustard together and am really surprised at how well the Tangerine Tango works with them! Very cute. Now I want to use my witch stamp; I haven't inked that one up yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this! Love the ribbon and your sentiment tag and the image is just darling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another great Halloween card. I love the little witch sitting on the pumpkin. Very cute! I really like the color combination also. I sometimes worry about not having the exact shade of accessories also, but the SU colors really do work well together so it doesn't seem to matter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous card, Mindy! Gonna have to CASE this one too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...