Friday, June 17, 2016

Mailable Monday...on Friday

Hi stampers.  I'm struggling to create again this week which is why mums been the word around here.  Ian is going to bed later now, as in 7:30 (ha...he's been an old man as far as bedtime since he was born) and by the time we get him in bed I'm tired and can't seem to get down and make much.  I've got all this new stuff and just feel blah!  UGH!  I also have a swap due soon so I've struggled to design that and then of course I made one with 7 million pieces and steps, lol!  I've got to get down and finish them tonight.  I meant to last night but my parents are visiting and we went to Six Flags with Ian yesterday.  It was so much fun but I was exhausted!  We got a season pass though so I guess I better get used to it :-)

Anyway, I did manage this card over the weekend.  I love the labeler alphabet set!  It's got over one HUNDRED tiny stamps!  My dad had a little hand held labeler when I was little and this so reminds me of that.  There are so many ideas I have for it!

Stampin' Supplies:
Stamps:  Labeler alphabet
Paper:  Whisper white, basic black, peekaboo peach
Ink:  Basic black
Accessories:  Playful palette washi tape

My sentiment isn't lined up just perfectly but that's ok...that's the beauty of a hand made card, right?  :-)

I have a few tips for this set.

  • One:  As with any photopolymer set, they work best with a pad underneath.  I use a peircing mat I got just for this purpose and keep it handy when stamping.  You can also use a magazine or our catalog in a pinch!
  • Two:  Even if you have something pretty simple to spell out, try writing it down and then stamp it backwards starting on the right so that you don't run out of room.  Even though "hi there" is pretty simple, I wouldn't put it past me to spell it wrong without a visual to double check myself ;-)


Don't mind my E...I didn't get a great image with it but went with it anyway.  An easy fix for this would have been to just stamp the sentiment on another scrap and cut it out but I couldn't be bothered to do that this time, ha!

I'll try to get some stamping done soon and have more to share!

Happy stamping!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...