Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Display Samples - Dragonflies

Hi stampers.  Happy Election Day...or maybe not ;-)  Don't worry, I don't get very political as I feel it's a very personal thing but I hope everyone in the good ole' USA got out to vote!  It's a privilege and a right that many have suffered and died for!

Ian has a little Melissa and Doug calendar with magnets (I may be lazy and not change them out every single day, hehe) and you can put a special event on it.  Well, there wasn't an election day magnet so I put the President's Day one up there because in a way, it is still correct, ha!  And it had a flag on it ;-)  I actually should use my stamping prowess and make some special magnets for us but there's no room for any more on the little storage board, hehe.

Anyway, since I know most everyone is TIRED of politics, how about some pretty pictures?  And pretty pictures of NEW stuff????  These are two more samples using the dragonfly dreams set and matching framelits from the upcoming Occasions catalog.



The dots on the side are one of the stamps in the set and I LOVE them!  They will be a great addition to all kinds of projects.  I stamped a more solid dragonfly in mint macaron and old olive (it's a 2 step stamp set) and then I cut another in a more detailed image from vellum.  It's difficult to catch in the pictures, but I also covered the vellum in clear wink of stella so there is some shimmer.  I finished it off with the sentiment in perfect plum and some white accents and silver thread.


For my little treat bag, I used one of our kraft tag a bags and just folded it over.  I tied some new emerald envy 1/8th taffeta ribbon around and went to town on my tag.  It was cut with the scalloped tag topper punch out of our fabulous foil designer acetate (that's a mouthful....).  A little hint about those sheets...they have a protective backing on them so you'll want to make sure you peel it off before using it.  I may forget now and then ;-)  Also, did you know that one side of them is gold and the other is silver?  I kept looking for the silver sheets when I got it.  I finally flipped one over and went "ah-ha"!  I stamped the dragonfly in mint macaron and then the sentiment in emerald envy.  Some gold sequins finish it off!

I hope you enjoyed this little sneak peek.  I also hope you like my new photo back drop and photo editing.  I'll be back with more projects soon!

Happy stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...