Monday, November 21, 2016

Outside My Comfort Zone

Hi stampers!  I hope everyone had a great weekend!  I'm sharing something today that may not look like a typical "Mindy" card. I figure I really need to expand my range with this Artisan gig looming;-)

I'm really trying to get better at watercoloring so I finally bought basket of wishes (you KNOW it was the succulents that really got me, right?) to play with.  I have had some trouble stamping on our watercolor paper with our basic black ink (and stazon too, for that matter) so I did some asking around for advice and used it to come up with what I found to be the perfect solution.  I first inked up with versamark and then my basic black. It worked like a dream!  I think the VM really helps pick up and stick down the black ink.  I went a step further then, and heat embossed with clear powder.  It looks great and it helps the coloring a bit since it separates the colors slightly.  I highly recommend you try it!


I have also been thinking of using this pop of pink for a while and always seemed to forget.  I really like the bold look of it and I think it would look really good with quite a few ideas!  It's kind of unexpected in a "fall" card but I think it works!  I also love the combo and black and dijon!

I added a little bow of our gold twine from the holiday catalog and some burlap ribbon.  The sentiment may be a little occasions sneak peek that was an all attendee give away at OnStage called all things thanks.  And look closely and you'll see a tiny bit of a doily peeking out under it.

Don't be afraid to try new things, ok????

Happy stamping!

1 comment:

  1. I love your card! The burlap works well, and the Pop of Pink (without any pink on it!) fits right in. Looking forward to Artisan Mindy!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...