Thursday, February 2, 2017

Tasty Truck Cards - Stampin' Up Artisan Design Team Blog Hop

Hi stampers!  It's time for our second Stampin' Up Artisan Design Team Blog Hop!  How exciting, right????  I'm still in awe I'm on the team!  We are a group of 20 demonstrators from around the globe who bring you fun ideas twice a month with awesome SU products.  If a blog isn't in your preferred language, feel free to use google translate to figure out what's going on!

For this hop we are focusing on Sale-A-Bration sets, you know, the FREE set you can get with a $50 order in the US (check with your demo for the details if you're in a different country).  Who doesn't love free?  And cute!  All of the sets are super cute!  However, I'm pretty partial to the little food truck set, tasty trucks so I picked it.  Why?  Well, I love me some FOOD!!!!  ;-)



My first card is pretty basic but has a couple of cute little details.  I just had to use this sentiment!  I mean, "let's taco about how awesome you are?"  SO ADORABLE!  And...well...TACOS!  Yum!


To make my background, I just randomly stamped the little tacos on daffodil delight.  My truck is watercolored on our watercolor paper.  It's hard to see in photographs but I actually used the clear wink of stella brush to make the windows and hubcaps have a little sparkle and shine to them.  You can use the wink of stella pens to blend your watercolors to add a little something extra.  It's really cute in real life!  I cannot get it to photograph for the life of me!  I swear it's super cute and sparkly!


I also used some of the wink of stella on my little flags that I cut out.  I very carefully used a small bit of a dimensional to stick them down right behind my sentiment.  I love the little accents in this set like the tiny flag and the little pennants, so cute!

For my second card I wanted to do something kind of fun so I made a pop up card!  I'm trying to do some little fun extra things that I wouldn't normally do if I weren't on the ADT.  I'm a total lazy stamper who doesn't want to do extra work when I don't have to!  LOL!  But who wouldn't want to get a birthday card with a food truck inside????

The front is pretty basic which I like since the inside is little bit of a surprise.  I came up with a little hack for the those cute scallops.  I really wanted to use a scallop border and could find none in my stash that was current.  Layering square framelits to the rescue!  I actually cut out a couple of squares and cut them in half and then lined them up so the scallops aligned behind the panel of DSP and bada-bing (haha) scallops!

And for the little truck on the inside!  So cute!  Like I said, I'm usually pretty lazy and don't do many extra steps but REALLY basic pop up cards are pretty easy even though they look involved.

To make the pop up, I watercolored and then cut out this little cupcake truck.  Then I took my whisper white cardstock and a quarter inch off of both the long and short side so that it measured 8.25" X 4" and scored it in half.  Next, I used a ruler to draw a nice straight line about an inch from the score line.  Normally, I'd use a light pencil line but I used a pen here so you could see well.  Then I simply took my paper snips and sniped up to the line.  You could get all precise and measure I suppose, so that it's in dead center but....lazy...so I just guesstimated.  See, anyone could do this as it's easy-peasy!  Then you just poke the little part you cut so that it goes into the card and close it and fold it really well to make the little pop up part.  Then you just adhere your little truck and it's done!


There's a few different ways to do this kind of card but this is the easiest and quickest in my opinion.  You really should try one!

Now you're off to check out Miriam van Eyden's SAB awesomeness. You're going to love it!


Thanks for hopping with us and happy stamping!
Product List

15 comments:

  1. Wow! Sooooo cool Mindy!
    A really great idea with the pop up card!
    ❤️
    Sylwia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Helllooooooo tacos! Love these great cards, and the special pop-up inside. Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, Love the POP-UP!!! Very Nice Cards Mindy...

    Faith

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these fun cards! The pop up truck is way fun! Your colors are fab! Thanks for sharing! I totally need to case these!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well I just love your cards. I love the pop up and I love your use of yellow. Totally love everything you touch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea and such a cute card ! Thanks for the pop up tip I'll be trying that out for sure !😀😀😀

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love how you created a pop up with the truck. That's pretty clever. Love your cards, Mindy. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute trucks! I love the pop-up! I also love how you've used all the tiny little images to create your own backgrounds and embellish your truck, so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Darling food truck cards!! It is sooo hard to get Wink of Stella to photograph, but I believe it is sparkly :) And great simple tip on pop up cards, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the pop-up and your backgrounds! Great cards--now I must finish up an order so I can get this set. . ..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Seriously cute duo and I LOVE that pop up!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cute Mindy! Especially love the taco paper Lol!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...