Monday, February 21, 2011

I should be sleeping...

....but who needs sleep?  Hi stampers!  So I should be in bed so I can get up and get to the gym early tomorrow but I just got home from work and I just can't go to bed as soon as I get home.  So what better to do than blog...well maybe stamp with my new stuff that came today but then I'll be up for hours so that'll have to wait till tomorrow!

I'm sure I won't sleep much anyway since my dog has the dreaded cone of shame and is not sleeping so well with it.  She gets up a lot at night and shakes it around or makes the most terrible racket scratching it!  I do feel terrible for her, it has to be horrible to have an itch you can't scratch!  She had a growth removed last week that they are afraid is melanoma so please pray that it's not if you get a chance!  They pulled the skin pretty tight so I'm sure it's itchy!!!!  Now we just wait to get them out and to hear what the histology report says...

Anyway on to the stampy-stampy!  Tonight I have a masculine card for you, which doesn't happen very often!  I was working on some projects for an upcoming class, my Birthday Bash class and thought it needed a good birthday card for the men in our lives!  And we all know how much I like pink, and frills, and glitter, and ribbons....you get the idea..so this was a challenge for me BUT this is what I came up with and I think I love it!






A few notes about the card:  There is a lot of sponging.  I sponged around the punched out main image, around the DSP and around the whole card base.  I also used my color spritzer with soft suede ink. The card base was also stamped with the sanded background stamp and I stamped off once to make it really light.  I really like the newsprint DSP with the numbers for birthdays and I really like the wish big pointy finger from the Bring On the Cake set!  It's very manly!  And I've been waiting for a good birthday set...and man, this one is it!!!  Hope you like it and happy stamping!

Stampin' Supplies:
Stamps: Bring on the cake, woodgrain
Paper:  Marina mist, basic black, very vanilla, soft suede, newsprint DSP
Inks:  Basic black, soft suede, marina mist
Accessories:  Decorative label punch, 1-1/2 inch circle punch, hemp twine

1 comment:

  1. I am wishing big that your baby dog is all right! And your Wish Big card is great for the Birthday Bash! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...