Monday, March 7, 2011

Butterfly...revisited

Hi stampers!  I have a card for you today that was inspired by one I posted long ago.  I really wanted to do something with the new first edition DSP (I'm really on a roll with it...I know..I'll move on someday I promise...maybe) and the elements of style stamp set.  I think they were made for each other and are both decidedly vintage.  So, I have a card hanging in my studio that I saw was made at an SU event last year and thought it was a good starting point.  The layout is much the same but I changed the colors up and added a few special elements.  I have to say I don't use a lot of purple in my stamping but thought it would go nicely with my theme here.  So, here is the card:


Stampin' Supplies:
Stamps:  Elements of style, clearly for you
Paper:  perfect plum, elegant eggplant, Sahara sand, first edition DSP
Ink:  perfect plum, elegant eggplant, sahara sand, basic black
Accessories:  framed tulips embossing folder, silver smooch spray, antique brads, vintage tags, butterfly bigz die, very vanilla satin ribbon (Whew, I think that's it, teehee)

There is a lot of stuff going on here, I just kept adding elements like a crazy woman:-)  The butterfly was stamped with stazon and then I colored it in with an aquapainter.  Once it was dry I crumpled it up and sponged the edges and whole thing with the tea stain ink from the distressing kit.  I also sponged the main panel of the DSP  The other panel is sahara sand and was a nice neutral color here.  I stamped on it also but stamped off each time before stamping and then distressed those edges as well.  I adhered all three of the main panels together and sprayed them with the silver smooch for a little shimmer and once it was dry I popped it on the card base over some very vanilla satin ribbon.  The finishing touches were the antique brad and the vintage tag (love love love those) which I stamped the small butterfly from clearly for you in perfect plum (hint: throw a glue dot on there so it stays put).  I really love the way this card turned out (although I <3 the original also) and I hope you do too.  Tell me what you think!

Happy stamping!

2 comments:

  1. I love the vintage look and how it turns out!! Oh! The little butterfly too! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! I love the purples and think they work perfectly on this card! The coloring on the butterfly is awesome. Great work- TFS!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...