Friday, March 4, 2011

Another one:-(

So I needed another sympathy card this past week:(.  So here is a card that I whipped up last Friday night.  I hope that it brings my friend a bit of comfort. 

I wanted something simple and understated (as well as mailable ie. flat) and thought the new First Edition DSP would work well.  It's very cool paper that looks like it's come from books.  I also like that some of it has a botanical theme so I stamped the orchid stamp from the set Thanks For Caring in crumb cake on the paper.  I also sprayed the DSP with a little bit of the vanilla smooch spritz for a little more dimension.  You can't really see it in the picture but I think it softens the paper up just a bit.  Otherwise, the card is pretty simple and I like the muted color combo of the crumb cake, vanilla, and black.  I think it turned out pretty well.  Please take a minute to tell me what you think of it....and to say a little prayer for my two friends who have lost their best friends.

Stampin' Supplies:
Stamp sets:  Thanks for caring
Paper:  crumb cake, very vanilla, first edition DSP
Ink:  basic black, crumb cake
Accessories:  vanilla smooch spritz, 2.5 inch circle punch, scallop border punch, very vanilla seam binding

4 comments:

  1. I think this is a lovely card. Understated is definitely the way to go when making sympathy cards. I will say a little prayer for your friends. =(

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's a beautiful card, Minders...so sorry about your friends!
    Jan Hoyt O'Fallon, IL
    www.inkerzaway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the card Mindy, it was so sweet of you!
    It was one of my favorites and I have been showing to all my SU customers. Bless you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...