Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas cookies!

Hi stampers!  Happy Christmas Eve!  I know everyone's busy (so far I've run four miles, made a pumpkin pie cheesecake, pizza dip, cleaned the house and baked cookies, lol) but I just had to share what I made today!  I finally used my Sweet Pressed Cookie stamps and they turned out so well!  I used the sugar cookie recipe that came with the stamps and I didn't THINK I liked sugar cookies....well...guess who can't stop eating them, ha!

The cookie stamps are very cool!  My hubby even agreed when I let him make a couple!  You get a wooden handle and then three silicone cookie stamps!  They leave a raised image on your cookie that is just too cool!  You just make balls of dough and stamp away!  They do take a bit of practice to get the cookie pressed to the right thickness and evenly but it was easy! 

Check them out!


Now, I made some without sprinkles and some with.  For the ones without I know some people had trouble with the dough sticking a bit and had to dip the stamp in sugar but mine didn't seem to stick.  I did not refrigerate my dough either like some have said.  I think I'll try that next time just to see if there is a difference!  For the ones with the sprinkles I took the stamp and turned it upside down and poured the sugar over it then wiped the excess off with my (clean, hehe) finger.  I then took the dough to the stamp and pressed down with my hand until I had the stamp covered.  Then I flipped it over and finished pressing it on the cookie sheet!  Viola!  Sprinkles only on the raised images!

And you know me, as a stamper I can't just GIVE some cookies away.  I HAD to package them up all cute!  I used some retired ribbons I had laying around and a stamp from Grateful Greetings and our cello bags.  It was quick and easy and super cute...I need some kids to do this stuff with, hehe!

I hope everyone likes them!

Wishing you all a merry Christmas as we celebrate the birth of our savior Jesus Christ!

1 comment:

  1. Merry Christmas Mindy! Cute cookies and the way you wrapped them too is cute. Nice Christmas card and hoping you have a successful 2012! Hugs,Bev

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...