Sunday, December 4, 2011

Guest designer!

Hi stampers!  I have a "guest designer" for you today!  My MOM!!!!  Now, this is kind of a big deal because I didn't think she had ANY interest in stamping.  She LOVES my cards and I often give her cards to send to friends and family but she didn't really "get" my obsession...er...I mean, hobby!  Well, she was at our house Friday night before our annual Christmas trip to Chicago and I was showing her things I had made and I asked her if she wanted to make a card....and she said YES!  :-)  I was so excited and we had a lot of fun working on her cards. 

I found her a sketch and a color combo to use and she chose Tidings of Joy as her stamp set.  I did tell her we'd keep it simple and not color it since it was already late and we had to be up really early to leave for Chi.  I knew she'd like that stamp set as it was religious, cute, and had some barnyard animals in it.  You'll notice one of the cards has a circle....well, we had to revamp the second one because her favorite animal the chicken got cut off, hahaha!  Now that she's retired and moved to our farm I'm really surprised she doesn't have some chickens already!!!  Anyway I helped her but she did everything herself and they turned out totally cute and she really liked stamping!


Stampin' Supplies:
Stamp sets:  Tidings of joy
Paper:  Whisper white, river rock, early espresso, island indigo
Ink:  Versamark, early espresso
Accessories:  Linen embossing folder, circle punch and die, gold embossing powder

Please excuse the poor picture but it was late and dark and my pictures don't turn out so well at night.  And I had to photograph it before she took them with her, lol!  I had her emboss the main image and she thought that was  like the coolest thing ev-ah!  I should have recorded it as I'm sure we were pretty funny.  I think she thought "what the heck" when she stamped in versamark and when she lifted it up and she couldn't see it, lol!

It was fun stamping with my momma...it may be the first and last or maybe not, who knows.  She surprises me now and then, hehe.  I do think she "gets" it now, the creativity of it and the fun of it.  She was really proud of what she made and I was proud of her too!  She even knows who she is going to send her two cards too:-)  Now, how can I get her to really get into it and buy lots of stuff from me????  LOL!

We had a good time in Chicago like always!  We got up there pretty early for us but it seems like the day was over faster than ever.  How does that happen?  And it finally didn't rain (much) or snow on us either!  It actually feels kind of strange because it's usually FREEZING when we go and it was in the 50's yesterday!  Doesn't feel like Christmas time to us, lol! 

Happy stamping!

1 comment:

  1. Awww, Mindy these are great! Sounds like you had a fun time stamping with your Mom, too. Big hugs! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...