Tuesday, April 3, 2012

HSS 112

Hi stampers and happy Tuesday!  This week over at Hand Stamped Sentiments we have a pretty color challenge for you!  I think color challenges are my favorite of  all the things we do!  I really like when I have to pair colors together that I normally wouldn't or when I find one that I really like!!!!

Take this challenge for example, I would probably never have paired up these color if left to my own devices but they are so pretty together!!!!

I kind of wanted to do another baby card with these (I know...I have baby fever) but thought I should probably give that a rest until we have news, lol!  We'll see how long THAT lasts:-)  I wasn't sure what kind of card this would end up being until I was done but I decided that field flowers would go good with the colors.  I HAD to have this set when the new catalog came out but I've only used it hand full of times if that.
Stampin' Supplies:
Stamps:  Field flowers, petite pairs, parlor prints background
Paper:  Crumb cake, very vanilla, rich razzleberry, early espresso
Ink:  Crumb cake, early espresso, rich razzleberry, pretty in pink
Accessories:  Labels collection framelits, linen embossing folder, pretty in pink taffeta ribbon

I think I should have stamped off the pink flower first as it seemed a bit bright but the purple toned it down a bit.  Lots of sponging here too and I'm kind of on a roll with parlor prints.  That's another one I got and then didn't use much!

Now head on over to HSS and check out the rest of the teams creations!

Happy stamping!

3 comments:

  1. Mindy,
    Your flowers are speaking to me...soooo very pretty!! Love the soft tone and the punch of purple, it creates such a fun faux 3-D effect! Awesome sponging too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it and I don't think your pink is too bright. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mindy, I've been eyeing that flower stamp set and now you've made me want it even more. LOVE, LOVE your card. The Parlor Prints background is so subtle and pretty. GORGEOUS!!! My stash is seriously lacking in background stamps so now thanks to you I'll have to get that stamp too!! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...