Monday, April 23, 2012

Mailable Monday - Squared

Hi stampers!  I've been slacking over here haven't I?  I realized today I haven't done a mailable Monday post in a while!  Shame on me!  I gotta say I'm not enjoying the new blogger interface though...why do they have to change things when they work just fine????

Anyway I really like the color challenge over at Colour Q this week!  And it was perfect for a masculine card which we all know I don't make often given my girly tendencies and obsession with pink:-)

I also took some inspiration from the shapes in the photo and went for a geometrical kind of layout.  I punched out some squares of paper and used my corner rounder on two of the corners.
Stampin' Supplies:
Stamps:  Perfect words (hostess)
Paper:  Whisper white, more mustard and dusty durango (retired) textured, neutrals DSP stack
Ink:  Basic gray
Accessories:  Square punch, corner rounder punch

This was a very fun card to put together and I think I need to make more cards with geometrical shapes!  I think I'm going to use this as a Father's Day card this year!  It's perfect for dads with the color combo and the sentiment of course!  I need to pull out my perfect words set more often before it retires soon!  Hope you have a wonderful week!

Happy stamping!

ETA:  Looks like I missed the deadline AGAIN!  Ugh!  Why does it end on Sunday if a new challenge isn't until Tuesday????  Darn it!  I'm sure this card would have been a winner too, right???  LOL!!!!

3 comments:

  1. It is beautiful! I'm sorry about the deadline, we have to end on Sunday to give us time to vote! It truly is a democratic process & we have 14 designers... This week just tell yourself a little white lie that it ends on Saturday - LOL! Actually you should combine it with the RetroSketch this week, that would be a fast & easy card to make! Have a great night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mindy, just thought you'd like to know that your card is a WOW card to a lot of folks. I "pinned" it yesterday on Pinterest via Splitcoaststampers and it went "viral" -- dozens of repins in just a matter of a few hours!!! I gave you credit under your splitcoast name and your watermark shows up clearly too. Good job!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...