Tuesday, August 21, 2012

HSS 132

Hi stampers!  Happy Tuesday!  It's time for another fun challenge over at Hand Stamped Sentiments!  This week is another one of my ideas.....herringbone!  You can check out a great tutorial on Splitcoast for some instructions.

I have to say I hadn't done this before the challenge but I can't wait to do it again!  It was easy and fun and I love the way it looks!  I had a hard time narrowing down ideas for what DSP I wanted to use but finally settled on the Halloween DSP since I love it and it's the next holiday coming up.  Now, I didn't use the same patterns in all four sections like the tutorial did but I like how mine came out!!!!  What do you think?
Stampin' Supplies:
Stamps:  Googly ghouls, teeny tiny wishes
Paper:  Very vanilla, basic black, tangerine tango, more mustard, howlstooth & scaringbone DSP
Ink:  Staz-on black, basic gray, more mustard
Accessories:  Window frames framelits, paper piercing pack, googlies

I cut my strips at 3/8" and tried to use a variety of patterns.  I think this would be really fun for a Christmas card too!  I do want to note that for this project I used the "outies" when I pierced my paper meaning that I actually used the back of what I pierced.  I do that when I want a little more interest and texture and think it just gives this project that extra something.

Now, head on over to HSS and see what the other girls have created then play along with us!  I can't wait to see what you make!

Happy stamping!

5 comments:

  1. Very Cute!!! Great pattern!!! Love the framelit dies to accent your beautiful background!!! The paper piercing adds the perfect touch!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO SCARWIE... I LOVE how cute but spooky your little mummy is! The paper patterns you used were AWESOME (high pitch), such a great halloween card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how it turned out, too! Those papers all look great together. Your little dude is so cute, too, and did you reverse-pierce that Framelit? Very nice! (nodding head :) Erika

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cuteness!! You're making me think I *need* Howlstooth & Scaringbone DSP (enabler!!). Funny, I just made a herringbone card last weekend! So I hopped on over to HSS & entered!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ummm..adorable. I have my favorite sides of this paper, but just may be swayed with this card. Love how you used the "outie" side...thanks for the tip! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...