Sunday, March 24, 2013

The best laid plans....

Hi stampers!  I'm back from the St. Louis regional event a little earlier than planned.  I went down on Friday with my mom (she likes to tag along places with me and explore or even just hang out at the hotel and read and relax...although she's retired she seems to be busier than when she worked, lol) and we planned on staying last night as well and then heading back today.  Well, with this snow we were supposed to (and are) getting we thought it best to get out of Dodge last night.  My mom had asked earlier if we could get out of our second night and the lady said no and was snippy with her.  Well, I checked out with a nice young man (who helped us last night when our room locked us out for almost an hour...so maybe that had something to do with it) and he didn't charge me for our second night!  Yay for nice people!!!!

So, I drove us back to her farm and we spent the night there instead and I got up early and came home this morning.  I beat most of the snow and bad weather...it's snowing a LOT here right now and she just texted me that it's bad there and there is crazy lightning and thunder snow!!!  I think she just lost power:(  I really do like it there but there are definitely times I'm glad I live in the "city" lol!  So, I didn't have much time to spend with my stampy friends but it was still fun!  So, if you were there and I didn't get to chat I'm sorry!  And thanks to all of you who found me and had kind words to say about my blog and my artwork!  It means the world to me!!!!  I have to say my mom was more than a little freaked out when we checked out as multiple people were asking me if I was Mindy, lol!  She was all, "How do these people know who you are?"  LOL!!!!

Oh, and there was a comic con at the convention center as well which made for GREAT people watching, lol!  Of course since my hubby is a bit of a Star Wars geek I knew exactly what was going on when I saw a few people in costume but it was funny to watch some of the stampers try to figure out what was going on, lol!  A Ghostbuster checked into the hotel right behind me and I saw at least three Captain America's..... :-)

Anyway, I didn't take many pictures.  The day just went so fast!  So, I'll have to share something I already had made and lying around here:-)

Stampin' Supplies:
Stamps:  Dapper dad, beyond plaid (that rhymed, lol), Family reunion
Paper:  Whisper white, crumb cake, cherry cobbler, always artichoke, 2011-2013 in colors DSP stack
Ink:  Crumb cake, always artichoke
Accessories:  Natural buttons, linen thread, distressing tool

I got the color combo from a Colour Q challenge a while ago, great masculine colors!  And then I idea from the spring catalog.  I made a little collar on my shirt though.  Jon already gave this one to his dad on his birthday.  He jokes and says that he married me because he never had cards for anyone and now he always has a card when he needs it, lol!  

Oh....and in case you haven't heard....looks like we can expect a little color shake up this year!  It was announced with the release of the This & That line (a smashbook and accessories that just came out...more on that another time) that calypso coral and pool party will be sticking around!  Hooray!  I don't have to go into mourning over pool party...or calypso coral (which I happened to wear at regionals yesterday, hehe).  

Ok, I'm having a snow day (good thing I ran when I got home...we got home just as it started snowing again) and stamping!  

Happy stamping!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the info Mindy, now I'm wondering if Calypso Coral and Pool Party will replace other colors in the line or get added to them? I can never have too many colors so if they add more I'm going to be super happy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, we don't know. I kind of hope they will add a family or go back to 12 in each but we will see. I'm guessing they will replace a couple of colors....I love both so I'm pleased!

      Delete

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...