Monday, April 8, 2013

Bottle caps & Butterflies

Hi stampers!  Time to start another week!  Again, where DID the weekend go???  :-)  I am sad to report that we had another open house yesterday with dismal results.  Only two people came to look at our house.  I was hoping we would have a really good turn out like the one we went to that was packed!  Oh well...if you wouldn't mind please send us good vibes!  I'm so afraid we are going to miss out on the house we want if we can't sell ours!  Anyway....

Speaking of spending money (lol) don't forget that today is the last day for free shipping!  And some of the retiring color stuff is selling out already (I believe it's a few re-inkers:  celery, baja, and rose maybe) so if you want to stock up you better do it NOW!!!!!  :-)

Remember, you can shop my online store over there to the right any time!

And here's a card today that I've had sitting around for a while.  Between work and the open house I didn't get many "new"projects done this weekend.  Well there's that and now my new addiction to the Hoggers show and Duck Dynasty...I may have come home and sat on the couch mesmerized by the interesting cast of characters on those shows, lol!

Stampin' Supplies:
Stamps:  Made for you, hearts a flutter
Paper:  Whisper white, baja breeze, summer starfruit, patio party DSP
Ink:  Baja breeze, summer starfruit, primrose petals, midnight muse
Accessories:  Small butterfly punch, soda pop tops, circle punch, basic pearls, dotted scallop border punch, hearts a flutter framelits

Ok, so it's not super mailable with the bottle cap but I think it might go through with a extra piece of CS in the envelope.  And it does use a retired SAB set but I wanted to use those butterflies with the patio party paper.  And the bottle cap butterfly is from the cute itty bitties set!  I also really love that the hearts a flutter set and framelits are totally useable for many other occasions than Valentine's day!  That banner can work for anything!!!!  Something else fun you can do with it and I've done it in a few projects is to stamp it and then punch parts of it out just for the pattern and not the actual banner shape!

The sketch is actually an old challenge from Retro Sketches.  I get quite a few questions on where I get my ideas and inspirations and a great tip is to use old challenges.  Sometimes we get stuck in the notion that we have to use current ones but you don't!  Most challenge sites have an archive where you can look at their old challenges to find inspiration!  I've been getting a lot of questions lately so maybe I'll put together a FAQ.

Ok, time to go to work.  Don't forget to place your order TODAY for free shipping!

Happy stamping!

1 comment:

  1. mindy, don't get discouraged about how slow the house selling is going, people are really busy at this time of the year with kids and yards, will send you some good vibes for a sale soon! Love the card too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...