Monday, April 29, 2013

Mailable Monday - Not my best work

Hi stampers!  Where did the weekend go?  I think I say that every Monday, ha!  I really think we need a do-over because it was so gloomy here.  The sun peeked out for a few minutes but other than that it was so blah!  I felt very blah yesterday and I think the weather was part of it.  Of course today when I have to go to work it's nice and sunny out and supposed to be almost 80 today...figures, right?

Even stamping didn't seem to cheer me up yesterday!  I did manage to get a few cards done AND to finish up my final scrapbook page for the Artisan contest!  I've still got my BIG 3-D project to finish (but I should have lots of time this weekend visiting my mom) and to even start the second one but I think I'm doing ok.

So, how about a mailable card?  I have to say I'm not thrilled about this one....it was the last one I made before work the day my pre-order came and I was in a rush and didn't have those in color ink pads.  I'm not real happy how the background looks with versamark instead of the actual coastal cabana ink.  But it will have to do for today :-)  I'll be giving this card to my cousin this weekend as we are going to visit my mom and I'll finally get to meet my cousin's little boy.  Although, being an 8 pounder when he was born in February he may not be so little now :-)
Stampin' Supplies:
Stamps:  Label love, distressed dots
Paper:  Whisper white, soft sky, costal cabana, subtles DSP stack
Ink:  Soft sky, so saffron, versamark
Accessories:  Scallop circle punches, circle punch, artisan label punch

You may need to click on the picture to enlarge it to see the greeting.  The soft sky ink didn't seem to want to show up in the photo very well.  It says "cutest baby ever".  And I've seen a few pictures of Karsen and he is pretty cute.  He looks a lot like my cousin when he was a baby.  Not having any brothers or sisters I was very excited when Dustin came along just before my 12th birthday...the new baby at my party...not so much, lol!  But it was fun to have a baby in my immediate family and he's as close to a brother as I ever had.  I still can't believe he's old enough to have a baby and it makes me feel old, lol!

One other tip for this card is the little scallop.  Our smallest scallop punch fits the sentiment perfect on this one!  And don't forget that distressed dots is on the retiring list :(  I'm very sad about that one!  It's a great background stamp and so versatile!  It can add just what a card needs sometimes. So, don't forget to get it while you still can.  I know I won't be parting with mine anytime soon;-)

Happy stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...