Thursday, May 18, 2017

Happy Celebrations - Stampin' Up Global Artisan Design Team Blog Hop

Hi stampers!  It's time for another Artisan Blog Hop!  Take a trip around the world with us.  If you came from Mercedes' blog and her amazing project, you're well on your way and if not, just keep clicking!

Some of us are using happy celebrations and some of us are using cool treats which is great news since both are carrying over into the new catalog!

I chose happy celebrations because...well, I just like it!  It was a hard decision because both sets are super cute!

My cards are pretty simple but pretty bold!  This set just lends itself to being bright and cheery so I wanted to pair it with lemon lime twist which is so vibrant!  It looks fantastic in a simple color combo with black and white!  I've heard a few people say they aren't a fan of it but I hope to change your mind if you're in that camp.

I used some of the eastern palace DSP and also some of the retiring pop of pink DSP.  If you haven't added this one to your stash, I highly recommend getting it before it's gone!  I love the black and white designs of that paper and will miss it! (Still working on finding a place to take photos that isn't dark in this darn house!)


For this card, I used my favorite embossing folder.  I also stamped my image right on the DSP and cut it out which is a fun way to change up this set a little.  A sprinkling of black sequins rounded things out.


For this one, I used the same concept but I embossed the letters with white powder.  Doesn't the lemon lime twist make an awesome watercolor wash background?  I used some of the background circle images and some of them are stamped full strength and some stamped off once.  I love all the color variations on this card out of just one color!

The black sequins were too much competition with my letters so I added the clear ones from our metallic sequin assortment to this one.  It's a fun look with the bold circles and the sequins being more subtle.


And finally on this card, I pulled out the coordinating embossing folders which are so much fun!  I stamped the triangles both full strength, stamped off once and then once again.  For the sequins here, I went with white which helped make the debossed greeting really pop.  It's amazing the difference a little bitty embellishment like that can make!  The cards looked naked without them, ha!


I hope I've changed your mind about lemon lime twist if you were on the fence and I hope you enjoyed my projects.  It's time to head on over to the Netherlands and visit Miriam who has something amazing to show you!



If you'd like to click around, here's a list of all of us, too!


I wasn't able to add the Eastern palace specialty paper to my supply list so please note that it should be added.

Happy stamping! Product List

9 comments:

  1. I like the Happy embossed in white on black but my favorite card is undoubtedly that of the triangles! I saw them too late but they allow so many variations! The Lime combo - Black - White works well. It's so Pep's! In watercolor, it is so pretty! (Aurélie Fabre)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WoW! They all look so great! So fresh and cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've not changed my mind about Lemon Lime Twist - I have been longing for a proper acid lime for years, and loved it the moment I saw it. I LOVE what you've done with it - fantastic work. Still can't work out how you made the "Celebrate" stay white when you stamped the green triangles though

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The embossing folder de-bosses the word so it goes down into the paper. So, when you stamp on it, the word is recessed and doesn't take on any ink. Make sense?

      Delete
  4. This colour combo is fabulous! Love it! So bright, fresh and fun with such a modern look. Thanks for sharing! Rochelle xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these cards. I'm a fan of Lemon-Lime Twist, but wasn't so much a fan of this stamp set--I think you've just changed my mind. My June 1 order just keeps getting longer and longer.. .

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore this fabulous set of cards Mindy. That colour combination is heavenly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome cards Mindy! Love the colour combo and all the different ways you used the set!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...