Friday, September 14, 2018

Fab Friday 146

Hi stampers!  Happy Friday!  I have not stamped much or blogged this week.  I've been in a FUNK physically and mentally this week!  But hopefully, since it's Friday, I'm out of it!  I did at least make this card for Fab Friday.  It's time for a new challenge and we have some PRETTY colors for you!


I know sometimes five color challenges can be hard but I really love these colors.  I want to show you the image that inspired them that I found on Pinterest, it's so pretty!


SEE!  Pretty!   And I had gemstones in mind when I made my card.  I was sad that we didn't have any gemstone stamps after the last catalog BUT we had some gemstone dies!  The Eclectic Layers Framelits have a couple of diamonds in them.



I cut one of each color and then went back with my embossing mat and the faceted gem and embossed them all.  I have a few videos of this on my youtube channel but my biggest tip is to use washi tape to secure them before embossing.  And put the die cutting face up....ask me how I know :-)


I made my own sentiment using stamps and die cuts.  I was able to stamp in black on the glimmer paper!

I also took sponge daubers (I found this worked better than sponges, I tried that first) and went around the edges and then lightly went over them to make them appear even more faceted.  I really love how they turned out!


I hope you enjoyed today's card and these colors and I hope you'll play along!  There are SO many things you can do with this combo!

Happy stamping!

 Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...