Thursday, October 24, 2019

Fancy Friday - Annual Holiday Mixer

Hi stampers!  Happy Friday (or maybe Thursday night depending on when you're reading this)!  It's time to hop with the Fancy Friday team and I actually got my act together this month to do it!  If you're new to the hop, we are a group of current and past Stampin' Up Artisan Design Team Members who like to share our fancy creations with you!


I love this month's theme, Annual Holiday Mixer!  How fun!!!!  The challenge was to combine items from the Holiday Catalog with Items from the Annual Catalog to make a holiday project!  We tend to forget about the Annual Catalog sometimes since the Holiday Catalog is so fabulous but they really go great together!

For my project, I combined the Dashing Deer Stamp Set and Detailed Deer Thinlit Dies with the Wrapped In Plaid Designer Series Paper!  I think they look like they were made to go together!


To get a little fancy, I decided to use both the positive and negative portions of my die cuts.  I think we often forget about the negative space but it makes for cute cards!  I also added as much gold as I possibly could because what's fancier than gold and lots of it???  I also couldn't pass up making my deer into Rudolph with some rhinestones!


For this card, I used the Ornate Frames Dies which are actually in a Halloween suite, to make my tag.  Use those dies all winter long!


This card uses the very thin frame left over from the main panel from my first card.  It framed my deer perfectly!  Gold embossing ups the fancy factor again!

I really had fun being reminded to use holiday items from the Annual Catalog and I hope you will to!

Now it's time to go check out what my fancy friend, Teneale!  You're going to love what she made!


Happy stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...