Thursday, July 7, 2011

The BEST catty yet!

I know I say it every year but I really REALLY mean it this year!  This is the best catalog SU has ever had!  I LOVE the stamps, accessories, and the SAMPLES!!!!!  They are just fabulous this year and I've cased more already than I think I ever have in a catty!  So I sat down tonight after work and the gym and dinner and managed to get TWO done, woo-hoo!  AND I actually LIKED them both, lol!  So tonight's post is a two-fer! 

First up is the card that I semi-cased from page 2 of the catalog.  It was a little 3 x 3 but I wanted to make it bigger so here we go:

Stampin' supplies:
Stamps:  Best of everything, tiny tags
Paper:  Whisper white, pool party
Ink:  pool party, daffodil delight, old olive
Accessories:  Large circle punch, daffodil and pool party ribbon, jewelry tag punch, linen embossing folder

I used the best of everything stamp set.  It's so cute!  I was on the fence about getting it but was able to earn it FREE with the new hostess benefits!  Free stamps = GOOD stamps:-)  All I did here was stamp the bird and a couple of flowers and cut them out.  The stem is stamped on the circle punch and then I popped it all up on dimensionals. 
And want to know a lil dirty secret about this card???  I messed up and used a bigger circle than was called for on the supplies so my flower didn't go over the top and it didn't look right...so I just added the second one to make my flower taller and ta-da all better:-)  There are NO mistakes in stamping...only opportunities to embellish!!!  I also layered the ribbons and I LOVE that new in color ruffled ribbon! It's so fun!  A tiny tag rounds this card out!

Next up, field flowers.  I don't usually go ga-ga over floral sets but WOW!  This one caught my eye right away!  I tried hard to resist it but alas I caved:-)  And I'm glad I did, just look!

Stampin' Supplies:
Stamps:  Field flowers, tiny tags
Paper:  crumb cake, calypso coral, first edition DSP
Ink:  Old olive, calypso coral, blushing bride
Accessories:  crochet trim, vintage tags

Wow-eeeee!  This is a two step stamp so I stamped the more solid image in blushing bride first and then went back with the detail stamp in calypso coral and I LOVE the way it turned out!  I was afraid calypso was too bright for a vintage card to start with but it works!  I also sponged the DSP with blushing bride.  And a vintage tag and some crochet trim finish this one nicely. 

Hope to be back soon!  Happy stamping!

4 comments:

  1. Love 'em! I'm so happy to see some new stuff. I've been stalking all the websites all day!

    I haven't had that much luck with coral, but I like it with Blushing Bride.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these...especially #2...wowza!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome cards Mindy!!! I agree about the cattie being the best one yet!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cards are great Mindy! The Best of Everything was one of the first sets to catch my eye- it's so cute! I am SO glad I ordered it! ( got it today woohoo!) I also love Field Flowers and plan on adding it to my Holiday mini preorder!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...