Sunday, July 10, 2011

Why pack when you can stamp?

Ummmmm hi stampers!  So I should TOTALLY be packing for convention or at least doing something to get ready....but I'm not....and I leave tomorrow night for my moms!!!!  Eeeek!  Oh well, I always wait until the last minute for stuff...maybe I work best under pressure.  And I still haven't worked out at all today so I need to go for a walk or something but it's soooo hot out today!

Anyway all I've wanted to do this weekend is STAMP!!!!  I've got more cards done this week/weekend than I have in a long time...now maybe I could actually get around to SENDING some, lol!  So when I happened to click over on the Paper Players blog I found this nifty little color challenge and thought I needed to get at least one more card in before convention.  Now, I know I will get to stamp a little bit while I'm there but it will be limited and I'm just so excited about all the new stuff!!!!    Just look at this funky and fun color combo:



So here's my entry for the #55 color challenge:


Stampin' Supplies:
Stamps:  Up, Up, & Away
Paper:  whisper white, poppy parade, baja breeze, basic gray
Ink:  poppy, baja, gray, crumb cake
Accessories:  seam binding, dotted scallop border punch, two way glue pen, dazzling diamonds

Ohhhh!  Isn't it just fab!  I LOVED this color combo as soon as I saw it and I immediately thought of these fun little hot air balloons!  I just love the POP that the poppy parade provides.  I kept the layout rather simple since the colors are kind of bold.  I also used dazzling diamonds on the popped up balloon although it doesn't show too well in the picture.  The sparkle really made all the difference!  Those balloons would look really good embossed as well!  Hope you like it!!! 

I hope to have some cards to share while I'm gone and I hope to post some stuff from convention but we'll see how that goes as I really have no idea what to expect other than it's going to be so fun and I'm going to be so exhausted!  Happy stamping!

15 comments:

  1. Girl, your are a riot! I can just feel your excitement and this is a fabulous card! Now go get packing! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this cute card! Great design and use of the color challenges! Have a great time at convention, and thanks for playing with the Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card! The colors, layout and stamp selection are fab-o!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mindy -- love your card today -- haven't played with that set yet and now you've inspired me! Love your blog as well. Good to see that you're posting more often. Have a great time at convention -- wish I were joining you and can't wait to hear about your first convention experience. Safe and happy travels! Blessings, Gretchen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Mindy! This is awesome, I just ordered this set and I love that you used the colours with it! Thanks for joining us at the Paper Players, have fun at Convention!
    Smiles,
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  6. OK, totally LOVE this card! Have a great time at Convention. I hope one of these days I will get to be in the center of all the excitement, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Mindy! I LOVE your card! I'm bummed that my new catty order will arrive the day I am leaving for Convention, so I'll have to wait until I get home to play with my new goodies. Maybe I'll see you there! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable, Mindy! I love the Dazzling Diamonds! A perfect layout for this set! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE this card! DD on the balloons is perfect and I love the cloud background. GREAT job with the color challenge. Thanks for joining us this week at the Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the colours, and love your card! Are you finished packing yet?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh, I love this card .... love how you have used the colours this week ... and doesn't that poppy parade add just the "pop" where it is needed ... can't go past the DD, must look stunning in real!
    Have a great time at Convention!!!
    Thanks for joining us this week at Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so cute, Mindy! I love those cute hot air balloons! Thanks for playing along with the Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Minders, I am in love with this card. The layout is just so perfect and the dazzling diamonds... well... a girl just has to have a little bling - and in this case, it's perfectly placed.
    So glad you were able to join the Paper Players before you left for convention. I looked for you, but couldn't find you:-)
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oooh, this is SO fun---I really love the glittery balloon! Thanks for playing along with us at Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Mindy, this is SO stinkin' fun! That popped up, sparkly balloon is such a fun touch. Just when I thought I didn't need another set from the new catty...lol! Everything about this one says F-U-N! Thanks so much for joining us at the Paper Players this week! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...