Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Christmas in July...again

Hi stampers!  Well it's like Christmas in July for me.  Want to know why?????  Well, I was picked to be on the design team called the Creative Crew on Splitcoast!  I'm so excited BUT I'm a bit scared and nervous too as I have some other fun things going on plus it's about to be my busy time at work!  Eek!  I'm also feeling the pressure to create GREAT things, lol!  Anyway, I'll be doing the challenges starting in September so keep an eye out for them if you're on SCS and if not then go sign up.  It's a truly great place with great artists and you can learn so much there!  I'll be sharing more fun news soon...

So what better way to celebrate than with a Christmas card right?  We all know I LOVE Christmas.  I came up with this card a week or so before convention.  I was trying to use ALL of the stamp sets I had ordered at least once before I left!  It was kind of a challenge since it's summer I tend to be into fun and bright colors.  I kind of had to switch gears for this one.  It uses a new set from the IBC called Merry & Type and I just loved it.  It reminds me of the pretty glass ornaments my grandma on my dad's side of the family had and those were the inspiration for this card.

Stampin' Supplies:
Stamps:  Merry & Type, Grateful Greetings
Paper:  Soft suede, cherry cobbler, always artichoke, very vanilla
Ink:  Soft suede, always artichoke
Accessories:  Crochet trim, neutrals glimmer brads, modern label punch, fan letterpress plate, fine glitter, smooch ink

I used the fine cosmo gold glitter for the top most ornament and I think it turned out really pretty!  I also love the sentiments in the set BUT I thing that the Christmas Greetings sentiment from grateful greetings worked too well with this set to pass up.  I LOVE how our sets are so versatile and combine so well with other sets.  I ALWAYS have something to "go" with my project.  My favorite little touch on this card is the top of the ornaments.  It's hard to see in the photo (you can click on it to make it bigger) but I used my smooch accent ink in the gold color to make it look like they are gold and sparkly!   I also used the new fan letter press plate for the background.  And finally, I tried my hand at those little bows with the brads in the middle.  Sadly, I broke a few of the brads before I got one that worked:-(  Oh well, they are still worth a try and I need to remember to do this little technique more often!  Let me know if you have questions on how to do them, I can always do a video for you!  I should also do a letterpress plate one too, huh?

Anyway I hope you like it!  Maybe it will bring some thoughts of cooler weather to mind which I could use again about now, it's gotten HOT again.  I was a bit (ok or a LOT) warm on my 4 mile run this morning!  I didn't go until 8 and I think I should have gotten up even earlier...but who wants to do that on vacation?  I took a few days off to go spend some quality time with my mom since she moved away!  I am sad I'll be away from my stamp studio (and my hubby, hehe) for a few days BUT we have the interwebz at the farm now (and that's a BIG deal, lol) so I hope to be able to share a few projects with you while I'm there!  Happy stamping!

1 comment:

  1. What a great Christmas card! It's great to think of cooler weather on these terribly hot days. Would love to see a video on making the bows & using the letter plates. Congrats on being asked to join the design team. Will be watching for your work.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...