Thursday, January 30, 2020

Fancy Friday Blog Hop: Shaking Things Up - In More Ways Than One

Hi stampers!  Happy Friday!  I have two posts live.  If you're looking for the Fab Friday post, just go to my home page and you'll find it.  This one actually goes live a little early so if it's still Thursday evening, happy Thursday :-)

I have some exciting news to share about the awesome Fancy Friday Team!  We are going to change formats a little bit next month and not have the blog hop but we are still running the challenge and you can join us on Instagram @Stampinfancyfriday and check out our new look!



This month's challenge was super fun!  It was all about shaking things up, which is fitting since that's what we are doing with the challenge for 2020! ;-)


We’re shaking things up this year on the Fancy Friday Design Team! This will be our last official ‘blog hop’ because we’re moving in a new direction! We’ll be posting a challenge on the first Friday of every month over on Instagram and Facebook. And then we’ll show you our team projects as the month progresses. We can’t wait to have you around so any time you’re inspired by our challenge, tag us in or use hashtag #stampinfancyfriday. Ok, it’s time! Go follow us on Instagram and Facebook – @stampinfancyfriday. Stay inspired. See you there!



I really love shaker cards and really need to make them more often!  They are so fun and impressive even though they are pretty simple!

I thought that Magical Mermaid would be perfect for this kind of card and I wasn't wrong!  This DSP pattern is really what inspired me to use it, I thought it looked very under the sea-ish!



I also let the Woven Threads Sequin Assortment guide my color choices.  They were perfect for this one!  I heat embossed my shaker background then added my sequins.  My little starfish are hand cut from the stamp set.  I watercolored my pretty mermaid and her little hair accessory simply came from the cutout of the sand dollar.  I actually thought I had this card done before I realized I had the Under The Sea Dies and they really helped finish it off and come to life!

I hope you enjoyed my card and I hope I've inspired you to shake it up and make a shaker card!  Now you're off to check out Stesha's card and it's amazing, just like her!  Make sure you follow the hop all the way around to see ALL of the awesomeness!



And don't forget to go follow on Instagram!

Happy stamping!  And shaking!

1 comment:

  1. This is gorgeous and so much fun! What a beautiful girly card. I know my niece loves mermaids, I think you have inspired me to create her birthday card!
    BEAUTIFUL!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...