Thursday, December 20, 2012

Christmas colors

Hi stampers!  I have been wanting to play along at Colour Q this week!  I am in LOVE with the colors this week!

Aren't they pretty?????  I think I'm going to have to play along AGAIN this weekend when I have time!  I don't use bashful blue much since the dawn of pool party but I have to say this made me fall in love with it all over again!  They are prefect Christmas colors and would probably make a fabby Valentine too!
Stampin' Supplies:
Stamps:  Snowflake soiree, more merry messages
Paper:  Whisper white, crumb cake, bashful blue, cherry cobbler, riding hood red, cherry cobbler core'dinations
Ink:  Whisper white (craft), crumb cake, bashful blue, riding hood red
Accessories:  Naturals buttons, linen thread, woodgrain embossing folder, 2.5" circle punch, window frame framelits, bashful blue taffeta ribbon (I think it's retired)

It turned out kind of woodsy with the sponging and the use of the woodgrain folder.  I like it!  It's nice to be back to creating things that turn out well:-)  I did have to swap out the ruby red for riding hood red.  I might have some squirreled away somewhere but didn't feel like making a mess looking for it!  My studio is messy enough already!

This card might be appropriate if we have the blizzard they say we may get...let's hope not:-)  Although...if we get snowed in maybe I could stamp and wrap gifts all day?  :-)

Happy stamping!

3 comments:

  1. I like the colors too. Very nice creating!

    Shirl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this...that woodgrain embossing on the red is FABULOUS!!! I wish we would get some snow...actually we might get a little on Christmas eve! Woohoo! Meanwhile, I'll have to be content to look at your snowflakes! So glad you could play with the CQC colors this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun card, Mindy, love your design and the embossed piece! Thanks for sharing with us at the colourQ this week! Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...