Thursday, June 28, 2018

Fancy Friday Blog Hop - Color Refresh Edition

Hi stampers!  Happy Friday!  It's time for another Fancy Friday Blog Hop with some amazing past and present Stampin' Up Artisan friends!  I'm still so thrilled to be a part of this group!

This month's theme was centered around the color refresh and we were tasked to use some of our favorite new or returning colors!  I can't tell you how excited I was for the color refresh when it was announced!!!!!  It was no easy job to pick because I love almost all of them!



I used one of my current favorites, two new favorites and one that I haven't quite made friends with yet (although now, I think we are BFF's).


Lovely Lipstick isn't my most favorite BUT the more I use it, the more I like it!

For my card, I started by making a background by watercoloring on my Silicone Craft Sheet then I smashed my Watercolor Paper onto it.  It's a great way to fake a watercolor wash if it's not your strong suit, like me!  Fake it till you make it!!!  After it was dry, I added some of our Shimmery Embossing Paste for just a little texture.


I was on the fence about the Lined Alphabet Bundle but I ended up getting them and I'm pretty glad!  They are cool and pretty versatile!  You could fussy cut these if you don't have the dies but I'll show you how I did it with the dies and the Stamparatus.


I used my dies to cut out my DSP just barely on the edge so it left the letter slightly attached as you can see here.  I then put it in my Stamparatus (away from the hinges) and lined up the letter.  After it's stamped you can just easily hand trim the rest of the letter.  I suppose you could stamp and then cut in out but I found this to be easier.

I hope you liked my color combo and I hope you're inspired to try it yourself!

Now your off to see my fellow teammate, Paula!  You're going to love her color combo!
Thanks for hopping with us!

Happy stamping!

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card and thanks for the tip - brilliant! This color combo is SO striking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fresh, colorful and so beautiful!
    I like your colors so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have not tried that watercolor technique! I adore watercolor (and am a self proclaimed master) but my customers struggle! I am so trying this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mindy, had to jump out and tell you - LOVE THIS! Yummy color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many bright and fun colors! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...