Thursday, May 5, 2011

Sunny Fun!

Hi stampers!  I'm not sure how the weather has been in your neck of the woods but it has been COLD here in mid-America!  Usually by this time of year, it's fairly nice here.  I feel like it's never going to warm up and spring is never going to get here!  And I'm FREEZING my tail off outside at work in the evenings!  Spring temperatures, where are you!!!????  Please come visit me SOON, preferably before the next game I have to work!!!  (Now, come the end of May, when I'm working baseball and softball regionals I'll probably be singing a different tune and dying of heatstroke like I was last year, lol).)  Anyway, maybe the bright and cheery card I have to show you will bring on the warm temperatures!

I've had this card done for some time but just realized I didn't take a pic of it or share it yet!  DUH!  Anyway, the stamp set I used is a new set from the Summer Mini catalog.  Some lucky demos earned it early and as soon as I saw a few of the sneak peeks, I knew I had to have it!  I mean, who doesn't love flip flops, the pool, and Popsicles and ice cream?  Speaking of Popsicles  anyone remember puddin' pops and jello pops?  Man do I miss those things, they were GOOD and not bad for you at all.  My granny always had them for me and I can't think of them without picturing summers at her farm! :-)  Ok, enough chit chat....here's the card:

Stampin Supplies:
Stamps: Sunny Fun
Paper:  Daffodil delight, rich razzleberry, tempting turquoise, watercolor, in color hostess patterns pack
Ink: Various for water coloring, staz on
Accessories: pear pizzazz ribbon, dotted scallop border punch, crystal effects, dazzling diamonds


Doesn't it just make you warmer already?  I just LOVE it!  The sentiment is just too cute!  And can you see what makes it extra special?  I used crystal effects to make the ice cream look frozen and dazzling diamonds on the snow cones (I HAD to make them grape, mmmmm) to make them sparkly and icy looking!  Here's a close up view:

Hope you liked it.  There is an image of flip flops in the set too, I can't wait to use that one as well...in honor of this card, Jon and I had a McDonald's ice cream cone tonight, hehe!  See ya soon and happy stamping!

1 comment:

  1. Cute card! I love it! Here in NH it's still too cold too so you have my sympathy on that! It's 34 degrees right now...brrrr!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...