Friday, March 22, 2013

Display Stamper Audition

...application...try out?  Hi stampers!  So Stampin' Up is looking for display stampers for future events!  How fun!  Of course I have to audition or apply or try out...what to call it?  Hehe!  This has been a good warm up for the Artisan contest of as well.  We have to submit 3 cards, 2 3-D items and a scrap page....so here are my entries (warning...this is kind of long)!

This little box was inspired by the one in the catalog but I wanted to take it a little further.  So, I used the yummy pool party embossing powder to dress up the bottom of the box a little (I can't tell you how much I love that stuff).  I also jazzed up the flower a bit by poking the brad through not only the pool party flower but one of the little flower trim flowers as well.  I think it's so cute!  I also added a little ribbon leaf.  It's such a cute little box and really didn't take 5 minutes to put together even with the embossing with a little help from my SAMJ!
Stampin' Supplies:
Stamps:  Madison Avenue (SAB)
Paper:  Crumb cake
Ink:  Versamark
Accessories:  Gumball green stitched satin ribbon, pool party embossing powder, flower trim, 2011-2013 in color polka dot brads, pop-up posies kit, fancy favor die

For my second 3-D item I have another flower item but it's spring or at least it's supposed to be even if it doesn't feel it weather wise and spring means flowers!  And flowers make me think of my momma so I made her a fabric brooch for Mother's Day.  The more amore fabric was perfect because her favorite colors are red and blue.  The silicone craft mat made this so easy to put together with a little hot glue!
Stampin' Supplies:
Accessories:  More amore designer fabric, sycamore street ribbon & button pack (SAB), large basic pearls, gumball green stitched satin ribbon, fun flowers die

I'm kind of on a roll with the pop up posies kit!  It's probably one of my favorite items in the mini catalog and maybe one of my top picks of all time!  It's just so fun and cute and can be used in so many more ways than just some tags!  So, I decided I'd try to use parts of it on most of my projects.

As soon as I saw the little "cupcake liner" flowers I immediately thought of one of my all time favorite flowers...the daffodil.  So of course I had to make my own daffodil.  It makes the perfect Easter card!
Stampin" Supplies:
Stamps:  Teeny tiny wishes
Paper:  Very vanilla, crumb cake, daffodil delight, tea for two DSP
Ink:  Daffodil delight, calypso coral
Accessories:  Honeycomb embossing folder, pop-up posies kit, linen thread, lucky limeade ruffled ribbon

I love this next card and the bottle caps!  They are so fun to smash in the big shot and then pop something fun into the middle!  I also love the little pennant stamp from collage curios and thought it would work great with the patio party paper!  My sentiment is actually from the bitty banners stamp set.  I just carefully inked it as to not get the banner border which I didn't want.
Stampin' Supplies:
Stamps:  Collage curios, itty bitty banners
Paper:  Whisper white, baja breeze, midnight muse, summer starfruit, patio party DSP
Ink:  Baja breeze, midnight muse, summer starfruit, primrose petals (markers)
Accessories:  Soda pop tops, 1" circle punch, 1-3/4" scalloped circle punch, argyle embossing folder, primrose petals stitched satin ribbon, apothecary accents framelits, basic rhinestones

For my final card I wanted to do something more clean and simple...and of course use something else from the pop-up posies kit, ha!  I found the oval famelits work PERFECT in the kraft colored labels!

Stampin' Supplies:
Stamps:  Feel goods, Oh, hello
Paper:  Whisper white, calypso coral
Ink:  So saffron, calypso coral, island indigo
Accessories:  Oval framelits, pop-up posies kit, vintage faceted designer buttons, linen thread

And finally we have my scrap page.  I used the you are my sunshine single stamp since my photo was of my and my hubby at a beach on our honeymoon!  The page is a BIT bright so I used a black and white photo as to not be TOO overwhelming:-)  The Oh, whale stamp set added some nice little waves!  I also added some glimmer paper to my sun rays and really liked the way it turned out! So sunny!
Stampin' Supplies:
Stamps:  Sunshine (single stamp), Oh, whale
Paper:  Whisper white, daffodil delight, pool party, island indigo, summer smooches DSP, floral district DSP. brights DSP stack, champaign glimmer paper
Ink:  Daffodil delight, pool party, island indigo (ink and markers)
Accessories:  labels collection framelits

Whew!  Ok, I think that's it!  Thanks for sticking with me and wish me good luck:-)

Happy stamping!

10 comments:

  1. Super cute stuff!!! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! All of your projects are FAB! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, yes - you are in. No need to worry, my friend! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I love everything!! ;-) Sending you lots of good luck wishes!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Best of luck to you! Your work is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mindy I think these are great and as a fellow demonstrator (from the UK) I would be excited to see them on display at a Stampin Up event! Love them all, Julie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great projects, Mindy!!! Good luck! I hope you get picked!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Holy cow! These are fabulous! If these are for the displays then I can't even imagine how amazing your Artisan projects must be!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! Especially LOVE your scrapbook page!
    Good Luck Mindy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well I'm not going to choose a favorite (Whew!) ... but these projects are delightful even today, Mindy! Still packed with inspiration! Wishing you the best this time around for display goodies at OnStage!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...