Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Casing and goals

Hi stampers!  So I've mentioned I have set a few stamping goals for myself in order to try to get back to the "old" me.  I'm not a huge fan of casing work, I like coming up with my own designs and ideas but when I struggle with my creativity, it can help me get my own ideas flowing.  So, when I'm stuck I'm going to try to find something.  My card today is cased although I used different items and put my own spin on it, but the idea is the same.

Another goal and one which I've mentioned, is to use more black.  I tend to shy away from black other than sentiments and outlines of images but it really can make a big impact!  Amy O'Neill recently shared a card that I just LOVED!  I need to set a goal to do more watercoloring type things and splattering!  I really wish they hadn't retired the color spritzer!  But, an aqua painter does a pretty good job and with bigger drops!  I really like how this one came out!  Thanks for the idea, Amy!

Stampin' Supplies:
Stamps:  Party wishes, sunburst sayings
Paper:  Watercolor, basic black, pool party
Ink:  Craft whisper white, pool party, blushing bride
Accessories:  It's my party washi tape, circle punch, white embossing powder, gold metallic thread, subtles candy dots

Amy's card was also what made me think about adding more black into my projects.  Thanks for the inspiration Amy!  I made a second version of this card that I'll share soon!

Happy stamping!

1 comment:

  1. Love your pops of black on this! And I love the fun splatters and overall feel of this card. Thanks for the kind shout-out. Glad to hear you're going to On Stage -- hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...