Thursday, June 1, 2017

Clear Block Background Cards - Stampin' Up Artisan Design Team Blog Hop

Hi stampers!  The launch of the new annual catalog fell perfectly in line with an Artisan Design Team Blog Hop, how perfect is that?  If you're new to the hop, you can take a trip around the globe with us by clicking the next button below and visit twenty of us all around the world!  If you came from Mercedes' blog, didn't you just love her project?

This is an open hop so it meant I had to chose what to work with.  Narrowing down my choices is no easy task!

I finally settled on a set that you may have overlooked in the catalog, I know I did.  I wouldn't have given just add text a thought if it hadn't shown up in my ADT box.  But, turns out I love the sayings!


I wasn't quite sure where I was going with this set but I just started playing around with my inks, aqua painter, and a clear block.  It's a pretty simple set so I knew I want to do something with backgrounds to jazz it up and I think it turned out pretty well!

For my first card, I took my largest clear block (block F) and just used my aqua painter to scribble some ink on it then pressed some water color paper into it.  I started at the top with fresh fig and you can see that the longer the ink sat, the more it separated and the last color, tranquil tide, was more spread out.  I love the variation!  And a quick swipe of a paper towel and it was all cleaned up.  Then, I simply stamped my sentiment in versa mark and basic black and heat set with clear embossing powder.


And then I got to wondering what it would look like on glossy cardstock since that showed up in my box too (and I totally have a bunch left over from when it was a thing way back when since I'm technique-a-phobic ha).  It's kind of cool that the same technique looks totally different on different cardstock.  I did trim the bottom of this one off as the ink ran and pooled at the bottom a little when I lifted it off of the block so be aware that may happen and make sure you have room to trim if you need to.


Then, I just piled a bunch of embellishments on to jazz it up!  You can't go wrong with rhinestones, doilies, twine, ribbons, and bows!

Now it's time to click the button and hop on over to Miriam!  You're going to love what she has for you!


I hope you enjoyed my cards today and I hope you enjoyed the hop, we're always so glad to have you!

And in case you want to hop around a bit more, here's a blog roll for you!

Happy stamping!

Note:  Glossy cardstock is not in the database at the time of my creating this post so add it to the supply list when you read it ;-)

Product List

5 comments:

  1. What an awesome comparison of this technique on different materials! Thanks Mindy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The ink techniques! I wish you could've heard the sound that came out of me because I can't really put it into words. It was something like "unghhhh!" These are just AWESOME, Mindy - fab job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the technique Mindy! The colours are fabulous too. You rock. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've sold me on the Glossy card stock. I wasn't sure about it but now I must try it out! Love how these cards turned out. They are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great technique! The cards look fantastic Mindy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...