Thursday, June 15, 2017

Happy Birthday Gorgeous Embossed Card - Stampin' Up Global Artisan Design Team Blog Hop

Hi stampers!  It's time to hop around the globe with the Stampin' Up Artisan Design Team again!  You may have come from Mercedes' blog where you saw her adorable project but if you didn't, don't worry, just keep clicking!  And don't forget to use Google Translate to see what we're going on about ;-)

Today we are featuring the happy birthday gorgeous set which is part of the foil frenzy suite.

I just LOVE this stamp set, thinlit, and DSP!   I couldn't wait to get my hands on the stamp set and this is by far my favorite ADT project to date so I can't wait to share it with you!


EEEEEEP!  Isn't it just fabulous stuff?  I wanted to do something a little different with my card so instead of using the die cut as just that so I used it to emboss!  Did you know you can do that?  You CAN and it's really easy!

All you need to do is cut out your happy birthday like normal using the big shot (I used thick whisper white but regular CS works too) and then you'll place that cut out under your paper to emboss with the silicone craft sheet.  Now, every big shot is a little different in pressure so you may have to experiment a little to see what gives you the best impression.  But that's it!  The sandwich goes like this:

  • Big shot platform
  • Cardstock shims - if needed (my machine is pretty tight and I used three sheets of CS)
  • Cutting plate
  • Die cut
  • Cardstock
  • Silicone craft sheet
  • Cutting plate



You'll notice some splattering around the happy birthday.  I did that with my markers and simply flicked the brush end of the marker inside the lid, very carefully of course.  I also used my die cut again to protect the embossed image.  I simply sat it on top of my embossed image before I flicked the ink.  You can also see how shiny the DSP is here.  It's tricky to photograph because it's so shiny!

My flowers were stamped with berry burst and tangerine tango.  I stamped the solid image off once and then the outline is at full strength.

It's time to hop on over to Miriam and see what fabulousness she has waiting for you!


Happy stamping! Product List

5 comments:

  1. Great card Mindy! I really like the idea of embossing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous!! Thanks for explaining the sandwiches needed to create the embossed look. Such a great idea Mindy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for providing yet another way to use this framelit.! It is beautiful :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE, Love, love this! Fantastic embossing, layout, and colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great use of the framelit, Mindy! Such a fun twist :) Might just CASE this one!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...