Monday, July 18, 2011

Button buddies

Hi stampers!  I actually have a card for you today, shocking I know:-)  I wanted to post this when I made it weeks ago but it was for an organized swap so I didn't want to ruin the surprise.  I had been thinking about this card since I saw the new catalog.  I loved the button buddies set first off and I also loved the flower image and card shown in the catalog.  This set is named button buddies because it's made to use with our buttons.  I LOVE how SU thinks of stuff like that.  Now, of course you don't HAVE to use buttons if you don't want to and I wanted to show with this card that you could use MORE than just buttons.  I do have to say that my roommate at convention had some funny comments about the name of my most favorite set and now I can't mention it without giggling...but I'll forgive her, I guess:-)  I hope all the people in the swap liked the card, wanna see it?

Stampin' Supplies:
Stamps:  Button buddies, pursuit of happiness
Paper:  Whisper white, calypso coral, blushing bride, peach parfait
Ink:  Calypso coral, blushing bride, peach parfait
Accessories:  Basic pearls, in color printed brads

EEK!  Don't you just love it?  I LOVE when a card turns out BETTER in real life than in my head and that doesn't happen often!  LOL!  I was really pleased with the simple layout and pretty color combo.  I also loved the sentiment I used.  The pursuit of happiness set is another favorite for me!  I knew I wanted to use the in color polka dot brads (LOVE LOVE LOVE those) but the card needed something else so I added the pearls and they were the perfect touch!  See, you don't NEED to use buttons at all!

I hope to have some new stuff to share soon as well as more convention highlights.  Does anyone know where I can get a few more hours in my day?  LOL!  I took a nap as soon as I got home from work today, I'm wiped out.  AND I was dumb and made a hair appointment for before work tomorrow morning, yeesh!  What was I thinking?  I could sleep in a bit as I go in later tomorrow but it's hard to get in so I hate to postpone my appointment!  Anyway, I hope I can stamp tomorrow night.  I have SO many ideas and so much free stuff after convention and it's all sad and sitting in a heap on the floor in my studio.  Maybe I can at least put it away before bed tonight.  Wish me luck and hope to see you soon!  Happy stamping!

3 comments:

  1. That card is awesome!! Love the colors too! Hope you find a little bit of rest somewhere in your crazy schedule!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card! I love love love the colors & simple design. I've been eying the button buddies set in the catalog and will need to add it to my wish list after seeing how many things you can make with it. Thanks for showing the option with the brad & pearls. Can't wait to see what you make next with this fun set. Hope you're able to find some time to at least put your new goodies away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mindy - I LOVE the card! And it was SO awesome meeting you in person!! You're even cuter than your pictures, d'you know that?? Spent time with all the little girls since I've gotten back, so not any stamping time yet! One of "babies" turns 2 on Thursday, and her party is Saturday. I might have to make her a special card! And I've got some shopping to do too!

    Soozie4Him, aka Susan
    moot96 AT aol DOT com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...