Friday, July 8, 2011

TGIF!

Yay!  It' Friday!  It's been a long/rough week even though it was a "short" one!  So...I was super happy to get to play with new goodies tonight after dinner!  So I'll try to keep the chit chat to a minimum and show you all FOUR cards I got done this evening!  Forgive me if the pics aren't the best, I usually take them during the day but couldn't wait to share!  They are all fairly simple or clean and simple too...it's just what's working for me right now and most are inspired by cards in the new IBC.  It's a GREAT source of inspiration!  So here we go for some marathon sharing....

First up, a case from the catty cover...turned a 3 x 3 card into a standard size
Stampin' Supplies:
Stamps:  Best of everything
Paper:  Calypso coral textured CS, soft suede, confetti white, first edition DSP
Ink:  Peach parfait, calypso coral, soft suede and lucky limeade markers
Accessories:  Subtles brads. dotted scallop border punch

This set is just so cute and I love that birdy!  And I LOVE how simple this card is!  And you'd never know I messed up, AGAIN!  I realized that after I cut the wings out they were backwards...I wanted them to be blank and not orange but they looked cute anyway and I had more projects to make so orange they are;-)

Next up, another 3 x 3 turned standard on page 176:
Stampin' Supplies:
Stamps:  Kindness matters
Paper:  Wisteria wonder textured, concord crush, very vanilla, first edition DSP
Ink:  Wisteria wonder, concord crush marker
Accessories:  Polka dot printed in color brads

A few notes on this one!  First off I LOVE wisteria and it pairs so great with concord!  Also I LOVE this small stamp set!  I tried to wait to earn it free during SAB but I just couldn't!  And it uses my new favorite accessory, the printed brads!  They are SOOOO yummy!  To make the butterflies I inked up my stamp in wisteria wonder, the lighter color.  I then gently ran my concord marker around the outside of each one giving it a darker edge. 

Coming in third is one I came up with all on my own using little additions...someone better start having babies soon and give me a real reason to use this set:-)  I just couldn't resist it.

Stampin' Supplies:
Stamps:  Little additions
Paper:  Blushing bride, sot suede, whisper white
Ink:  blushing bride, soft suede
Accessories:  Vintage wallpaper embossing folder, vintage trinkets, frames embossing folder, pretty in pink scalloped ribbon

Again, another simple layout.  The image is stamped on one of the new embossing frames that I cut out and I also cut out the cute teddy bear.  Some of the new polka dot scalloped ribbon and a mini safety pin (from our vintage trinkets) are the perfect details!

And rounding them out in fourth is my very favorite of the night and one of my favorites of all time!  It was another card I semi-cased....it's really a 3-d item in the catalog on page 17 and is the reason I bought this stamp...well I got it FREE with my hostess benefits:-)
Stampin' Supplies:
Stamps:  Just thank you
Paper:  Very vanilla, peach parfait, soft suede
Ink:  Markers - soft suede, pool party, pear pizzazz
Accessories:  Lace ribbon border punch, itty bitty punch pack, pool party ruffled ribbon, mini brads, linen embossing folder

Ok, this card is just adorable, I love it and it uses two more of my favorite new things!  That in color ruffled ribbon is just amazing!  I love it!!!!  And those teeny tiny brads?  Swoon!  They are too cute and just the right touch on so many projects but MAN are they tiny!!!!!  Who doesn't love tiny things though????

Ok, I think I'm done for the night.  Tomorrow is swap day....I've got a lot of work to do before I leave Monday night for CONVENTION!!!!  Can you tell I'm excited?  Ok, really time for bed..have to teach turbokick in the morning!!!  Happy stamping!!!!

6 comments:

  1. All of them are very cute! Great job using your new goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowzers......just beautiful cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in love with all four of these. Thank you for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous cards! Thanks for playing so much with all your goodies and sharing your gems with us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, you stampin' machine, you! LOVE all these fantabulous cards!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...