Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Switching Gears

Hi stampers!  So I've been making a lot of bright, fun, summery cards lately since of course it IS summer.  Well, it WAS summer for me or at least it is until tomorrow.  Football starts tomorrow so for me, summer is over:-(  I'll be working late hours and weekends, booooo!  At least it's a bit cooler here....or at least less humid!  So, since it's now "fall" to me AND because I got my Holiday Mini pre-order last night, I have a fall inspired card to share today!

This time of year is always a conundrum for me...stamping wise anyway.  It's at this point in the year that I'm really IN to the fun and summery cards BUT I get new fall geared stuff and I have a bit of an identity crisis....what to stamp?  Summer or fall?  Or Christmas even????  So, forgive me if I waffle back and forth a bit as far as themes and color combos.  I'm not yet ready to give up the fun summer stuff (not to mention the fact that I just bought a bunch of summer type stuff, lol) but I'm excited for the holiday mini and everything fall and Christmas!  I guess I'll have to have a split personality for a while!  I want to make sure I make good use of my new catalog purchases AND my holiday purchases so I need to do a LOT of stamping!  We won't even talk about how neglected my summer mini stuff is!  I need to learn to cut back there since I get so excited about the new big catalog....

Ok, enough of my issues (lol)!  Here is a little sneek peek from the new Holiday Mini:

Stampin' Supplies (I had to go back and edit as I forgot...so sorry:-):
Stamps:  Out on a limb, teeny tiny wishes
Paper:  whisper white, rich razzleberry, lucky limeade, crumb cake
Ink:  rich razzleberry, more mustard, lucky limeade, early espresso
Accessories:  spider web embossing folder, scallop squares duo die, basic rhinestones, basic black scalloped polka dot ribbon

EEK!  Isn't it CAAA-YOOT?  The set is called "out on a limb" and I think it's my favorite set in the mini!  And yea me, I didn't get too many sets out of the Holiday mini (so far....) but I HAD to have this one!  It's so cute and fun!  As you can see from my sample and probably tell from the name, there are various Halloween images that can sit or hang on the limb!  Too cute!  I'm also loving the scalloped polka dot ribbon in black for Halloween!   This card is semi-cased from the Holiday Mini itself.  I really also love the color combo of more mustard, lucky limeade, and rich razzleberry!  And of COURSE I had to dig out the spider web embossing folder!

Ok, that's it for me, I've got to rest up for football practice tomorrow....ok, actually I need to rest up so I can get up and go for a RUN in the morning so I get that out of the way since I don't have to work until the afternoon, hehe!  I think I should start a program of no stamping if I don't work out....I need SOMETHING to motivate me:-)  Happy stamping!

4 comments:

  1. This card is too stinkin' cute, I mean spooky!!!:) I will be featuring this card on My Crafty Picks #29 with a link back to your blog on 8-14-11. Make sure to stop by and pick up your blog badge for being featured!!

    If you wish to decline please email me at trbauer@insightbb.com

    Take care
    Tiffany Bauer
    www.mycraftyworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! Love the limeade & rich razzleberry together. What a great Halloween combination. The polka dot ribbon is a perfect accent. Thanks for the sneak peek of Out on a Limb. Looks like one I'm going to want also. I'm so in the mood for fall after all this heat & humidity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saw your card on Tiffany's blog - such a cute card! TFS. Gill x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...