Sunday, November 27, 2011

Ornamental

Hi stampers!  It's Tuesday which means it's time for another challenge over at Hand Stamped Sentiments.  I can't believe it's going to be December this week!  I got the tree up on Saturday before I had to go to work.  We had a "wee" bit of trouble with the lights this year and after TWO trips to the store I gave up so I'll have to fix the tree later this week.  We didn't get the lights up outside and I wish we had as Saturday was nice and warm!  And I still have some more decorations to put up inside as well.  What about you?  Have you decked the halls yet?  Well, if you have or haven't we have a fun challenge for you this week!



You can make an ornament or use ornaments to make your project.  It's up to you:-)  Wanna see what I made?




Stampin' Supplies:
Stampin' Up Designer series fabric, coordinating ribbons, elastic cord (retired), Styrofoam balls, ornament hanger thingies (technical term right there)

Aren't they cute???  I don't sew but I was "SEW" excited (sorry, hehe) when SU started carrying fabric last year because there are "my thing".  I make them every year for Christmas.  It all started back when I was in grade school and my dad wanted to make Christmas ornaments for the kids choir at church that he was (and still is) in charge of.  He found these and he taught me how to make them too.

They are super easy (I'll try to shoot a video soon, I just didn't have time with the holiday and having to work over the holiday weekend too).  Basically all you do is take squares of fabric and a Styrofoam ball and stuff the edges down in the ball with a dull edge.  We use a butter knife (haha).  It works well and is kid friendly!

So, start decking the halls and show us what you come up with!

Happy stamping...I mean ornamenting:-)

3 comments:

  1. OMGosh, adorable! I'm surfing around for a layout, and this caught my eye. I had to come look and see how you did it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute idea! Great way to use up some of our fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful memory with you dad and ten one day with your own family!! These are just adorable!! I would love to try and make these with my own daughter!!! Great Job!!! Amy L.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...