Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Monday Mojo on MONDAY!

Hi stampers!  Ok, so I KNOW it's Wednesday but I did something on Monday that I never do!  I created a card using the Mojo Monday sketch on MONDAY!  WOW and yay me, lol!!!!  It normally takes me a day or two to get to the challenges I want to do but I was able to sit right down tonight and crank this one out...well after a fair amount of time wasting (i.e. watching TV, eating some snacks, staring lovingly at all my under-used stamping supplies, internet surfing, more snacking,  playing with the dog, cuddling with the dog, more internet surfing....you get the idea).  Anyway, inspiration struck all of the sudden so I went with it!

At first, this sketch did throw me.

When I looked at it this morning it seemed awful complicated but upon looking at it again tonight it was clear what I wanted to do!  Now, I'm giving a disclaimer right now...you are going to be seeing a LOT of the SAB everyday enchantment DSP for the next few months!  I am so in lurve with that stuff...I want to marry it!  I am going to CRY when it goes away!  So, I hope you like it since I can't seem to make a card without it:-)  At least now you know:-)

I saw a card this morning that used the scalloped heart of hearts embosslit as a layer behind a heart and I had TOTALLY forgotten about that particular embosslit and how cute it looks as a layer!  So, out it came and this is what I got:

Stampin' Supplies:
Stamps:  PS I Love You
Paper:  Very vanilla, blushing bride textured, pool party, poppy parade, calypso coral, everyday enchantment (SAB)
Ink:  Calypso coral, poppy parade
Accessories:  Hearts collection framelits, scalloped heart of hearts embosslit, decorative label punch, calypso coral ruffled ribbon

Ohhhhh!  It turned out so pretty!  I think it's impossible to make an ugly card with the SAB paper!  I sponged the hearts from the PS I Love You set before I layered them onto the scalloped hearts as they looked a bit to stark.  I also cut them out with the new heart framelits!  I did take a break from the satin pleated ribbon:-)  My poor ruffled ribbons have been neglected since the pleats came on the scene so I used some of the calypso coral ruffled ribbon here!  The sentiment is from the super cute Friendly Phrases set which I love and it's stamped in poppy.  This will make a great Valentine or just a great friend card!

Anywho, that about does it for now!  I wish all my cards came together this quickly:-)

Happy stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...