Thursday, September 13, 2012

Christmas in September

Hi stampers!  I've got a Christmas card to share today!  I SHOULD be making fall and Halloween cards but I just can't seem to make many of those lately....maybe next week!  I don't even want to know how close we are to Christmas since I haven't even focused on fall yet as much as I should......

Today's card was super simple and I got the idea from our demo magazine from a few months ago.  I whipped it up pretty quickly last night as I've been dog tired after work this week and have been working late hours and there are more long hours and late nights to come!  Boo!

I made my own "garland" and will shoot a video soon on how to do that.  It's super easy!  You basically sandwich your baker's twine between two punches or die cuts.  Easy-peasy-lemon-squeezie as Bonnie Thurber would say:-)

I modified this a bit from the original sample by only using three ornaments instead of four and I added some "pizzazz" with some extra embellishments.  And I LOVE that sentiment from greetings of the season....in fact I love ALL four of those stamps!
Stampin' Supplies:
Stamps:  Ornament keepsakes, merry minis, greetings of the season
Paper:  Whisper white, real red, silver glimmer
Ink:  Real red, pool party, lucky limeade
Accessories:  Merry mini punch pack, circle punch, pool party baker's twine, ornament framelits, bright brads, basic rhinestones, dazzling details

Don't forget that you can get the ornament keepsakes stamp set and matching framelits at a discount by purchasing them in a bundle in the holiday catalog!  It's hard to see in the photo but the star on the red ornament is covered in dazzling details.  I love this simple yet festive card and I have a feeling I'll be making more like it!

Happy stamping!

2 comments:

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...