Thursday, September 27, 2012

Ok, don't yell

Hi stampers!  Now, I know I told you to yell at me if I start posting Christmas cards instead of fall cards BUUUUT I've been in a terrible slump this past week or two so I'm happy I can make ANY card regardless of the theme.  I almost felt as I'd forgotten "how" to stamp the other night!  Seriously!  And then I remembered that maybe I should find a challenge or something as a starting point.  Well, I had seen the Sweet Sunday sketch earlier in the week and knew I wanted to try it.

And the ONLY idea I had for it was a Christmas card:-)  And I have to say this is exactly what I needed as it's the first card I've been really happy with in a week or two!  Yay!  So please don't yell at me:-)  I swear I'm trying hard to come up with fall cards!  But this one is just too cute!
Stampin' Supplies:
Stamps:  More merry messages
Paper:  Very vanilla, cherry cobbler, festival of prints DSP stack
Ink:  Cherry cobbler, island indigo
Accessories:  Houndstooth embossing folder, merry mini punch pack

I had originally planned to use the Christmas tree punch on this card but once I got to making it I realized it wouldn't work for the trees to be upright so stars it was....which also made me change my DSP.  I was going to use the snow festival with the trees but it didn't feel right with the stars!   I wanted to use those teeny punches to make some of the DSP show through and it worked beautifully!  I think it adds a little more interest than just slapping some punched out pieces on there!

And a little tip on lining the punches up....I just used a ruler and drew a line on the back side of the cardstock.  Then it was super easy to make sure the punches were straight.

I debated wether to use the retired starburst embossing folder but in the end I went for a current folder.  I kind of wish I had used the starburst to go along with the star theme.  And I sponged around both the outside of the card and the embossed panel to make it a little richer.  And that's another one of my tips...I rarely emboss a whole card front.  I usually cut a panel to 4" x 5.25" and emboss that and attach it to my card front.  I think it looks more finished and you can't see the embossing when you open the card!

I hope the stamping streak continues over the weekend!

Happy stamping!

2 comments:

  1. Seriously, WHY did they retire the starburst ef?! An ef should never retire! Love your card. What a great tip about the smaller embossed piece. I have noticed that you do that a lot and I LOVE it! I am definitely going to have to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why would anyone yell over such a delightful card. It's awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...