Thursday, November 19, 2015

Have yourself a freaky little Christmas!

Hi stampers!  It's time for the Control Freaks blog hop!  We go live on the evening of the 19th but it's technically the 20th so make sure you come back to make sure everything is working a-ok!



You may have come from my stampy BFF Wendy's blog, weren't her projects merry???  Don't worry if you're starting here though as technically I'm first this time, we make a nice little loop so just keep clicking and you'll get all the way around!

Since the holidays are fast approaching, the theme this month is Christmas of course!  I have decided that Christmas stamping is my JAM and my favorite thing to do.  I tend to make more Christmas cards and projects than anything.  And I always go nuts for the Holiday catalog.  It's just my M.O. I guess and not surprising.  I love Christmas and I collect Hallmark ornaments too!  Anyway, I decided to share one super simple Christmas card today and then the opposite of that :-)  Feel free to click on them to make them bigger and really see the details!

So, here's my first card.
Stampin Supplies:
Stamps: Seasonal snapshot 2015
Paper:  Whisper white (heavy)
Ink:  Real red, pool party, crushed curry, mossy meadow
Accessories:  Gold sequin trim

I used the seasonal snapshot (2015) Project Life set which I LOVE!  It's so great for cards in addition to using with the PL cards!  I cased this card from a pin pinned by SU.  I'm 99% certain it's straight from SU and I'm not casing another demo.  IF I'm wrong feel free to let me know :-)  I love the tradition colors with non-traditional ones like yellow and blue.  It's just happy and merry!

My other project uses one of my other favorite things in the holiday catalog, the home for Christmas suite.  I just LOVE the vintage/retro look of it and those Santas and deer are just the most adorable things ever.  I know you may have seen this background with this suite from me a lot but one, it works, and two, I had some left over from my Control Freaks swap (which I'm not sure I've shared or the prototype either).  I pretty much just piled everything possible on this one :-)

Stampin' Supplies:
Stamps: Holly jolly greetings
Paper:  Very vanilla, pool party, red foil, home for Christmas DSP
Ink:  Pool party, mossy meadow
Accessories:  Tea lace doilies, foil dolies, home for Christmas enamel dots, gold thread, happy patterns mask, Christmas greetings thinlits, snowflake elements

I just am in love with the red foil paper, I mean I want to marry it! It's so gorgeous!  I finally broke out my Christmas greeting thinlits too!  I've cheaped out and not bought the  precision plate for thinlit dies...so I have a little tip for you if you don't use it either.  The design on the die will leave little imprints in the holes in the die.  I just took my bone folder and really carefully rubbed them out.  Perfection!  And it's hard to see but there is a bow made out of the gold thread in the snowflake ;-)


Ok, now it's time to go check out LeeAnn's blog and her awesome projects!

Happy stamping!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the retro feel of your cards! Yes! Another way to use up my 1,000's of doilies! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...