Monday, November 21, 2016

Outside My Comfort Zone

Hi stampers!  I hope everyone had a great weekend!  I'm sharing something today that may not look like a typical "Mindy" card. I figure I really need to expand my range with this Artisan gig looming;-)

I'm really trying to get better at watercoloring so I finally bought basket of wishes (you KNOW it was the succulents that really got me, right?) to play with.  I have had some trouble stamping on our watercolor paper with our basic black ink (and stazon too, for that matter) so I did some asking around for advice and used it to come up with what I found to be the perfect solution.  I first inked up with versamark and then my basic black. It worked like a dream!  I think the VM really helps pick up and stick down the black ink.  I went a step further then, and heat embossed with clear powder.  It looks great and it helps the coloring a bit since it separates the colors slightly.  I highly recommend you try it!


I have also been thinking of using this pop of pink for a while and always seemed to forget.  I really like the bold look of it and I think it would look really good with quite a few ideas!  It's kind of unexpected in a "fall" card but I think it works!  I also love the combo and black and dijon!

I added a little bow of our gold twine from the holiday catalog and some burlap ribbon.  The sentiment may be a little occasions sneak peek that was an all attendee give away at OnStage called all things thanks.  And look closely and you'll see a tiny bit of a doily peeking out under it.

Don't be afraid to try new things, ok????

Happy stamping!

1 comment:

  1. I love your card! The burlap works well, and the Pop of Pink (without any pink on it!) fits right in. Looking forward to Artisan Mindy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...